Harbour 2/4/07

Guest dicko1

Guest dicko1

Went out today with 'Fishingrod' in his boat on the harbour. Met at 5 at roseville and proceeded over to the squid grounds to get some kingy bait. We saw greg from 'Dan and Greg' there who had already got something like 20 squid by this stage! Nice to meet you mate, its good to put a face to all these names! After about an hour we had 6 squid so decided to head round to the wedding cake. When we got there a guy was playing out what looked to be a good fish, but got busted off! Needless to say i was pumped!!

Down went the first 2 squid and within half an hour or so Rod was onto a rat that went bang on 59cm, so we quickly bled him and hoped fisheries wouldnt catch us... Just kidding, he went back safe and sound!! I was starting to think it may be a repeat of yesterday when I was out with Roosterman where only he caught the kingys and I got to net them for him! However, persistence pays off and within half an hour I landed my first kingy! I was so excited, just look at the smile on my face! Yeah it measured in at just under 1 metre... i wish! it was 65cm..

post-3306-1175490572_thumb.jpg

I was still stoked though! Pickers demolished our next 3 squid so we went over to CG with no luck to try and get some yakkas. Soon after we went and tried the big white drum near the naval wharf with our last squid. Within minuted we were on again, with Rod letting me land it even though it was on his line! Thanks again man! After a quick fight a nice salmon was released without measurement. Is it common for salmon to nail a whole squid??

post-3306-1175490597_thumb.jpg

We couldnt get any more squid so we drifted with some strips and managed 1 more very small king at quarantine before calling it a day! Thanks heaps for taking me out Rod, I had a great time and even better, I got a kingy! Sorry you didnt get that 80cm fish you were after, maybe next time!

Congrats on your first kingie!!!

Look at the water today!!! How smooth is that!!!

We went out in Botany Bay yesterday and the wind was howling and the water was very sloppy.

Looking at seabreeze it is going to be crap again by Thursday afternoon and all over Easter.

Cheers

Greg

well done mate on the first kingy. there a top fish

n fight well, n taste even better. i'm waiting for the

first legal king now, only caught them to 50 cm but

i'll do it soon enough, neways congrats on the fish.

regards mark

Edited by Mark_17

Heya mate, we met at Roseville on Sunday. I was the bloke looking all white and dizzy after hopping out of my mates boat....anyway, good to hear you caught that kingy you were after. Bet ya cant wait for the next one.....Me? still waiting for my first.....and my first squid for that matter :(

Cheers

Caine

Edited by catch-22

Well done dicko on the first legal king

Well detailed report :thumbup: very funny also

i have a 59cm currently but no legal king as yet

Good stuff Fishingrod for taking out a fellow raider

and helping him get onto some legal kings :thumbup:

well done dicko :thumbup: , :thumbup: good to see you done better than sunday mate. looks like there was no need for the kwells either.gee i hate work when all the good weather is during the week.i need a new job with flexible fishing days included.. so has the kingy fever gripped you now.ill give you a yell next trip if your up to it.well done Fishingrod for getting andrew onto a kingy, hes a great deckie and good company, welcome anytime aboard my rig...

now bring on the metre+ hoods :biggrin2::biggrin2:

Edited by roosterman

Guest dicko1

haha! Yeah definately got the addiction now! I can imagine how good those 80cm+ fish would go, i dont rekon my reel would handle them! Id love to catch some of those rats we got today on heaps lighter gear to really give me a workout!

I actually have to give a big thankyou to Namesay for all the tips and hints he has given me. I'm sure you get hundreds of PM's mate but you still take the time to give thorough answers to all my questions! I'l try not to annoy you as much now that I finally got one! Yeah I left it pretty late in the season but I probs wont get another crack at them til next season so Im a very happy camper!

Thanks for the compliments Roosterman! I very much appreciated the invite yesterday and it was great just being out on the water! Doesnt the weather always work like that, crappy on the weekends anf perfect during the week!

Good meeting you the other day catch-22! Theres a bit of a learning curve, more with the squid then the kings I rekon, but you'l get there! I learnt so much off these forums its not funny, everyone is so helpful im sure you'l be onto a king in no time! If you ever wanna go out for a fish jst send a PM!

Cheers everyone,

Dicko

Good stuff Fishingrod for taking out a fellow raider

and helping him get onto some legal kings :thumbup:

but I probs wont get another crack at them til next season so Im a very happy camper!

Dont worry, we are doing it again tomorrow (Wed 4/4) to try and get him a bigger one :biggrin2:

cheers

Rod

Edited by fishingrod

Guest dicko1

ur a brave man, fishing when there is a warning about a tsunami.

na it was fine, i had my boogie board with me just in case!!