Sydney Kings 06/04/07

netic

Hey All.....

Well during the week Steve, Crazy John and I had planned to go out for some kings today in the hope of catching some Squid and Kings for Johns Good Friday Dinner table.....

Looked at the weather last night and it said rain and 20-25 knot southerly.....nearly pulled out but i thought what else am i gonna do so i decided to go anyway...

Got a call from Steve last night and he still he was feeling crook and couldnt go so then John decided to bring his Cousin ( who is just off the boat mind you) who couldnt speak any english..

We hit the water around 3.00am and went to the squid grounds..It was windy as hell but we were there and decided to stay...Saw Miller on our way and he had caught well over 50 squid...amazing.....anyway we started to squid and started to get them straight away...over the next 90 minutes we had over 30 squid in the boat and Crazy John and his cousin were talking about a nice calamari dinner....

As the sun came up it was obvious how sloppy the conditions were....with a howling southerly and white caps everywhere we decided to move into middle harbour to give the kings a quick try and then head home as it was pissing down rain also...

Went to a reef i fish during winter and the sounder showed fish so we decided to give it a go....

Threw down a few baits and they got pecked away pretty quickly......

Went and worked another area for a while for the same results....lost around 10 squid to these peckers and thank god we had so many squid cause i would have been spewing...

By now we are pretty drenched and decided to go back to the original spot before we headed home

Threw down the squid and we got hit straight away......after a quick fight John boated a just legal king

A few more passes saw us get hit and lose the fish to spat hooks...

Stayed another 20 minutes or so and managed to get another bunch of squid pecked away and also managed 2 more just legal kings....

Then we decided to head back to the ramp and go home.....

All in all not a bad morning fishing...after handing out a few squid to a few mates on the water and geting pecked away we had 10 or so squid left for Johns dinner table and a couple of kings.

Not a bad morning seeing we were home by 10.00am

SOrry for the bad quality pics as my digital camera stuffed up and i had to use my phone.

Edited by netic

Good on ya Oz. Nice to see all the hard work paying off. Those pickers are really on the go at the moment and are destroying the baits real quick. I got my fish dinner the easy way...went to China town. Delicious mud crab and coral trout. Dying to get out on the water! Cheers Kelvin

well done mate, :thumbup:

sorry i couldnt come along, im feeling better now so once this weather pisses off

im pumped to get out there again,

great few kings there mate and good bunch of squid to go with it...

steve

G,day guy's.

Glad to see I'm not the only nutter that goes out in less than comfortable conditions. :1fishing1: NO all jokes aside boys, glad to see that your dedication payed off for you, well done! :yahoo::thumbup::yahoo:

Gee those squid look nice and healthy, place must be absolutely crawling with them at the moment, what with you 30 and millers 50, thats a big effort. :thumbup:

Cheers. :beersmile::beersmile:

it was funny to see me totally skull drag that king in the boat with my new stella 20000 not knowing the amount of power these reels have.

it was good to catch up with oz again and go for a fish,my cousin had a blast,we are having calamari set on the table for dinner as im typing this.

keen to get out there again soon.

my cousin has made some fish balls from the kingies

Hey All.....

Well during the week Steve, Crazy John and I had planned to go out for some kings today in the hope of catching some Squid and Kings for Johns Good Friday Dinner table.....

Looked at the weather last night and it said rain and 20-25 knot southerly.....nearly pulled out but i thought what else am i gonna do so i decided to go anyway...

Got a call from Steve last night and he still he was feeling crook and couldnt go so then John decided to bring his Cousin ( who is just off the boat mind you) who couldnt speak any english..

We hit the water around 3.00am and went to the squid grounds..It was windy as hell but we were there and decided to stay...Saw Miller on our way and he had caught well over 50 squid...amazing.....anyway we started to squid and started to get them straight away...over the next 90 minutes we had over 30 squid in the boat and Crazy John and his cousin were talking about a nice calamari dinner....

As the sun came up it was obvious how sloppy the conditions were....with a howling southerly and white caps everywhere we decided to move into middle harbour to give the kings a quick try and then head home as it was pissing down rain also...

Went to a reef i fish during winter and the sounder showed fish so we decided to give it a go....

Threw down a few baits and they got pecked away pretty quickly......

Went and worked another area for a while for the same results....lost around 10 squid to these peckers and thank god we had so many squid cause i would have been spewing...

By now we are pretty drenched and decided to go back to the original spot before we headed home

Threw down the squid and we got hit straight away......after a quick fight John boated a just legal king

A few more passes saw us get hit and lose the fish to spat hooks...

Stayed another 20 minutes or so and managed to get another bunch of squid pecked away and also managed 2 more just legal kings....

Then we decided to head back to the ramp and go home.....

All in all not a bad morning fishing...after handing out a few squid to a few mates on the water and geting pecked away we had 10 or so squid left for Johns dinner table and a couple of kings.

Not a bad morning seeing we were home by 10.00am

SOrry for the bad quality pics as my digital camera stuffed up and i had to use my phone.

Thats a big arrow! well done mate

Nice one Netic, only the hard core fishos go out in this weather. Well done on the bag of arrows and Kings.

I am getting the picture that it is wet and miserable down there in Sydney. I am still up her in warmer conditions at the Gold Coast. Just finished another round of golf this morning and heading back to Sydney tomorrow, with a hope of a quick fish on Monday morning.... Hopefully the conditions pick up, cause I am not hard core enough to go out in those conditions, especially in the centre console...

It is a fair dinkum squidathon in the Harbour at the moment. It is good to know you have a feed of Calamari if the fish decide to go quiet.

good to see you were rewarded for choosing fishing in crap weather over a few extra hours of "shut eye"

Dougie.