Easter Monday , Sydney Harbour

cbietola

havent had much to report on lately but i went out on monday with jessam and a mate searching for our first hood.

went to get squid and the squid grounds looked like pitt st on a busy morning, so we headed off to get some livies and search for our fist big hoodlum.

we went to our first spot with squid on 3 rods and 1 with a yakka, nothing for about 45 mins not even pickers we were about to move when the livie rod goes off ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ were on , i grab the rod hand to my mate as he hasent got a king before and he brings in king goes 62cm. hes rapped and i turn my head and bang one of the squid rod goes off i grab it , bring it in another rat going 63cm.

ok so we sort those two rods get another yakka down, i hit bottom start to wind it up a little when i feel the yakka start shitting himself so i keep winding and bang ZZZZZZZZZZZZ on again this time the king goes 65cm. Jessasm says stuff this pulls up his line takes off the squid , throws on a yakka sends him down within 3-4 mins bang a hit then he spits its. Jessam is spewn so down goes another 5 mins later bang ZZZZZZZZZ hes on another rat goes about the same size as the others 63 cm. then all goes quiet.

we move off to another spot sittn around nothing much happening about to go when bang the livie goes off again and fighting this one im calling it a king when it gets to surface, SHIT ITS A JEW! beauty ill take that a PB on the jew for me going 72cm

now we got a problem no more livies , off we go get some more livies and we start fishing again try another 3 more spots and all is quiet so we call it a day, no hoods but at least we got me mate a king and a pb jewie so all in all it was a good day out.

post-3196-1176198956_thumb.jpg

Nice report Shadow, congrats on the Jewie !!! Great by-catch...

It's just the way with live bait, you have a tank full and you don't use them. Only have a few and you get onto a hot bite.... A successful day for you, well done.

sounds like you all had a great day.well done on the jew, how did you consider the fight to a king.?. how did you go after wedding cake,that was me and huntman in the red/white pongrass.. we ended back at quarantine for another samson but a great day anyway...

G'day shadow,

Top report mate and well done on the kings :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::biggrin2: !

And the jew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ill be out ther hunting them down again this wk we had a s*#T load off squid and only produced 2 kingy's on monday ah well was good day/night out on the water with many laughs had.

ps. I have seen that mirage that hook'm talks of!! :1prop: just jokes jason(hook'm)! ha ha..

Dan.

Edited by Dano1

That was a top day.my first kingy in a long time.i was about give up on sydney harbour,but now we will try

a few more spots.thanks for the day out .went to watto's today and got meself some gloves,so next

time i'am out i won't cut my with the braid.

Edited by jessam