Port Kembla Fad 13-4-07

lukeric

Just joined forum and heres my first report.Fished the fad off Port on Friday arvo with unweighted pillies with no luck, dollies were there but wouldnt touch our bait.Managed to jig up some slimies for live bait but again they would just come and have a look and swim away.

Decieded to to go back in to the islands to try for a King, had out a live slimie in berley trail. 20mins later drag starts ripping off as livie gets hit, after about 10 mins fighting a healthy 90cm King is landed.With no other livies left in tank and getting dark decied to head in.

I usually fish Kiama area, and have no problems burlying up bait in close, but tried to get some at Port at end of breakwalls etc and couldnt get a thing, could any one recommend any good spots to get bait at Port?

Cheers

Luke

lukeric,

Nice king.

Bait is really plentiful anywhere near the wharves/jetties around the harbour.

Just drop a sabiki jig down to the bottom and jig it a little. I was there on Sunday and caught about 20 yakkas in 30 mins.

Evets.

Now if I could only find a spot to sqid in the harbour I'd be laughing....

:1welcomeani:

Just joined forum and heres my first report.Fished the fad off Port on Friday arvo with unweighted pillies with no luck, dollies were there but wouldnt touch our bait.Managed to jig up some slimies for live bait but again they would just come and have a look and swim away.

Decieded to to go back in to the islands to try for a King, had out a live slimie in berley trail. 20mins later drag starts ripping off as livie gets hit, after about 10 mins fighting a healthy 90cm King is landed.With no other livies left in tank and getting dark decied to head in.

I usually fish Kiama area, and have no problems burlying up bait in close, but tried to get some at Port at end of breakwalls etc and couldnt get a thing, could any one recommend any good spots to get bait at Port?

Cheers

Luke

:1welcomeani: to the site mate. top catch there. Dont worry about what the others say, a gaff is a gaff and it is to be used to bring fish into the boat and thats what you did. A fish this size is not worth losing at the expense of getting a pretty boys shot at the fish. :05: