Botany Bay 12 & 13 April Kingies

Savage73

Hi all.

This is my first report on fishraider so I hope you all enjoy. Just a quick word on a report that annoyed me. I was reading NSW Fishing monthly and I was reading no no nos report on Sydney Harbour. He mentioned that Botany bay is not and never was a great provider of King Fish. I hope my report will contradict what he says.

Launched the boat at Meadow bank at 6:00am and headed off to a possible Kingie Spots with fresh squid as bait. Berleyed up and waited till the Trevally came to the back of the boat. I drop my squid baits down and 10 minutes later zzzzzzzzzzzzzz I was onto the first kingie. Landed at 65cm. Straight after I was onto the second one and measured up at 67cm. Another strike and I was on to the largest one which measured up to 74cm and then two more measuring approximately 65cm each. After catching five kingies I was ready to pack up and go home but the kingies decided to stay on the bite…so I stayed on.

All in all I caught another 4 more before packing up and calling it a day. I was back at the boat ramp by 10:15am. A total of 9 Kingies

Due to my success on Thursday, I decided to venture out on Friday to do battle with some more kings. I ended up with 4 kings in two hours and 15 trevally. I could not believe the amount of activity on the water. From Tailor to bonito to frigates and kings all smashing the surface. BOTANY BAY IS ALIVE AND WELL.

I would like to give a big thanks to Tony and Jason from Fishfinder who have guided me on path of the Kingfish. The quality of bait and tackle and equipment and the expert and friendly advice has lead me to great success. Tony, Jason…You blokes are champions and I thank you.

Can’t wait to get out on the water again.

Nice first report Savage73. Well done on the excellent couple of days fishing, the guys at Fishfinder are tops. Hope to see more posts in the future.

(and maybe some pics)

Cheers

Evil

PS sorry about the pics comment, Ben beat me to it

Edited by Evil

Hey guy's.

I will be posting some pics today...Having trouble uploading the pics on the site. I guess I am better with a fishing rod then a computer. I am actually organising my mate to install a minature cctv camera on my boat for live footage. They are about 7cm long. Can't wait.

It' a long way from Meadowbank to Botany Bay.

Hi all.

This is my first report on fishraider so I hope you all enjoy. Just a quick word on a report that annoyed me. I was reading NSW Fishing monthly and I was reading no no nos report on Sydney Harbour. He mentioned that Botany bay is not and never was a great provider of King Fish. I hope my report will contradict what he says.

Launched the boat at Meadow bank at 6:00am and headed off to a possible Kingie Spots with fresh squid as bait. Berleyed up and waited till the Trevally came to the back of the boat. I drop my squid baits down and 10 minutes later zzzzzzzzzzzzzz I was onto the first kingie. Landed at 65cm. Straight after I was onto the second one and measured up at 67cm. Another strike and I was on to the largest one which measured up to 74cm and then two more measuring approximately 65cm each. After catching five kingies I was ready to pack up and go home but the kingies decided to stay on the bite…so I stayed on.

All in all I caught another 4 more before packing up and calling it a day. I was back at the boat ramp by 10:15am. A total of 9 Kingies

Due to my success on Thursday, I decided to venture out on Friday to do battle with some more kings. I ended up with 4 kings in two hours and 15 trevally. I could not believe the amount of activity on the water. From Tailor to bonito to frigates and kings all smashing the surface. BOTANY BAY IS ALIVE AND WELL.

I would like to give a big thanks to Tony and Jason from Fishfinder who have guided me on path of the Kingfish. The quality of bait and tackle and equipment and the expert and friendly advice has lead me to great success. Tony, Jason…You blokes are champions and I thank you.

Can’t wait to get out on the water again.

gday mate

sounds like a top couple of sessions on the water. Where on the bay were you targetting the kings? Around Mol point or the channel markers? Or have you got some other spots

I'm hoping to head out and do battle with them this week

cheers

inked

Mate first of all great report and well done on the kings, 9 kings is a great effort

I also disagree with Mcgills report, i have never really fished the bay but have seen many kings caught there.

Last thing...if you launched from Meadow Bank you launched straight into Parra river, and to get to the bay from there it is a very long trip including 10kms along the coast....

Hi there,

My apologies for the incorrect boat ramp. It's the one at port botany

I have attached three pics.

One of the 4 larger kingies,

One of me and the smallest kingie

One of my fishing partner having a sleep.

Cheers

Savage 73

post-2775-1176781828_thumb.jpg

gday mate

sounds like a top couple of sessions on the water. Where on the bay were you targetting the kings? Around Mol point or the channel markers? Or have you got some other spots

I'm hoping to head out and do battle with them this week

cheers

inked

Mainly the channel markers. I anchor close to one and berley to the max.

Nicely done on the fish mate. I have to agree with your comments

I havent fished Botany this summer/autumn but when I fished there last year I was very impressed with the Runway & Mol Pt. Its a nice bit of waterway and I would fish there more often if I lived closer to it.

Cheeers,

Ken

Hi Mate,

Top couple of days fishing well done.

SHe is the best...Never hogs the fishing and never complains

Yeah but does she steal the bait off the bait board like mine does :1prop:

Cheers.

Robbie.

P.s I am the guy you were talking to at Tunks a couple of weeks ago while we waited for the barge that was on the ramp..

Hi Mate,

Top couple of days fishing well done.

Yeah but does she steal the bait off the bait board like mine does :1prop:

Cheers.

Robbie.

P.s I am the guy you were talking to at Tunks a couple of weeks ago while we waited for the barge that was on the ramp..

Hey Richard an Manuel

Top first report there mate :thumbup: . Its good to hear you guys getting into some kingys as I know you have been restricted due to car probs etc, an havent been able to get out as much as you would both like. Look foward to seeing you out there again! :1fishing1: .

D&G