Sydney Wide 21/4/07

Sammy0884

Hey Guys,

Belated report but i have only just retrieved the pictures.

CFD and i headed out for the usual offshore run to the Fads and a troll for something bigger hopefully...

Hit the water at 0430 and had a tank full of yakkas by dawn, we then headed straight for the FAD stopping approximately 3ks out of the heads to drop some lures and a skipping gar when we ran over a school of sauries, we trolled all the way to the FAD for zip.

We started some drifts at the fad, which was difficult with a 15kn westerly, we picked up 4 dollies before the action was dead, we trolled over to the peak and did a few laps before dropping some baits. We took two smallish jackets and some rubbish before i was snipped above the wind on and lost my rig, after leaving a heap more sinkers behind we hit the fad again which was deserted... we cubed hard and managed to bring a school of dollies up, chris took a few i decided to be silly and throw out my 6lb handline for laughs, as it happened i hooked a great dollie that jumped and carried on for about 15 minutes before i was able to bring it aboard, it went 68cm and was a heap of fun on a $4.50 handline.

post-1587-1177380835_thumb.jpg

The action was dead at the fad after that so we headed into some shallow beachy waters and caught about 20 tiny flatties, not a keeper in sight.... tired and bored we headed back to the ramp with 6 keeper dollies and a few jackets.

Cheers

Sammy

Hey Guys,

Belated report but i have only just retrieved the pictures.

CFD and i headed out for the usual offshore run to the Fads and a troll for something bigger hopefully...

Hit the water at 0430 and had a tank full of yakkas by dawn, we then headed straight for the FAD stopping approximately 3ks out of the heads to drop some lures and a skipping gar when we ran over a school of sauries, we trolled all the way to the FAD for zip.

We started some drifts at the fad, which was difficult with a 15kn westerly, we picked up 4 dollies before the action was dead, we trolled over to the peak and did a few laps before dropping some baits. We took two smallish jackets and some rubbish before i was snipped above the wind on and lost my rig, after leaving a heap more sinkers behind we hit the fad again which was deserted... we cubed hard and managed to bring a school of dollies up, chris took a few i decided to be silly and throw out my 6lb handline for laughs, as it happened i hooked a great dollie that jumped and carried on for about 15 minutes before i was able to bring it aboard, it went 68cm and was a heap of fun on a $4.50 handline.

post-1587-1177380835_thumb.jpg

The action was dead at the fad after that so we headed into some shallow beachy waters and caught about 20 tiny flatties, not a keeper in sight.... tired and bored we headed back to the ramp with 6 keeper dollies and a few jackets.

What a beauty! :thumbup:

Cheers

Sammy