Budgewoi Beach

peakanimal

post-3419-1177497693_thumb.jpg post-3419-1177497708_thumb.jpg

Hi everyone,

Decided to go for a beach session today at Budgewoi beach. We arrived at the beach at 3.00pm and not long after had our baits in the water. My dad was the first to hook up and he caught a stingray which was released straight away. Things were dead until my dad hooked up a 33cm bream which was caught on a salmon fillet. Not long after i was hooked up to a nice Australian salmon which was also caught on a salmon fillet. We left at about 5.00 and all in all it was a good little session.

Edited by rzep

nice salmon there.

I never heard that fishes eat their own kind? lol strange. Cuz i heard that using lures that has the same color as the fish u're targetting is more effective. or something like that. But not sure if its true though.

nice salmon there.

I never heard that fishes eat their own kind? lol strange. Cuz i heard that using lures that has the same color as the fish u're targetting is more effective. or something like that. But not sure if its true though.

They say the best bait for flathead is flathead.

Hey Pelagic, were you daniel son out of karate kid?? :074: Just kidding mate... Nice fish there.

Edited by tiger_shark

They say the best bait for flathead is flathead.

Hey Pelagic, were you daniel son out of karate kid?? :074: Just kidding mate... Nice fish there.

Nice salmon, shame they don't taste as good as they fight, although a mate of mine swears by them fresh.

Regards, Hutcho

Nice salmon, shame they don't taste as good as they fight, although a mate of mine swears by them fresh.

Regards, Hutcho

Greetings all

regarding salmon not tasting good, just try the follow recipe, you will never pass by another salmon again.

in a bowl, have prechopped fress tomatoes, in very fine pieces, in it add some salt, crushed fresh garlic,

and finely chopped onions.

place a few table spoons of vegetable oil in a large chinese wok, heat it up real good.

Then add in quickley your diced salmon pieces (roughly one inch squares). as soon as these salmon

pieces get white, quikly add in your bow of tomatoes, onions and garlic,

stir this for a few minutes, (about 2 minutes), then take off and serve.

the trick to this method, is that it a quick cook up, so the salmons natural oil, will not overcook and

become bitter, nor would the tomatoes,

try it, you will absolutely love it.

regards

ilk

Thanks for the report Pelagic :thumbup: The beach you mentioned was absolutely on fire all weekend :yahoo:

Helped us out heaps on the Social,keep up the good reports.

Cheers Stewy

Top fish, Pelagic & Dad!! Gee they fight, eh?

Thanks for the recipe, Ilk - will try it! Usually toss them back or give them to the neighbour for his cat! The smaller ones (1kg) smoke beautifully!

We (Outdoordan & I) gave a bunch of them to an Indian Couple fishing Terrigal beach on Sat morning!

Cheers

Roberta

Top fish, Pelagic & Dad!! Gee they fight, eh?

Thanks for the recipe, Ilk - will try it! Usually toss them back or give them to the neighbour for his cat! The smaller ones (1kg) smoke beautifully!

We (Outdoordan & I) gave a bunch of them to an Indian Couple fishing Terrigal beach on Sat morning!

Cheers

Roberta

Yer they fight alot and its always good to see them jump out of the water in pursuit to spit the hook out.

Hi Jason, the boats going good. Im about to buy a 8hp motor for it and thinking of taking it out in the next couple of weeks to Brookyln.

Mate it will absolutely hoon with an 8 on it

your dad will be the perfect weight u need to stabilize the tinny ,make sure hes at the front.

3 people and it wont get on the plane at all

Greetings all

regarding salmon not tasting good, just try the follow recipe, you will never pass by another salmon again.

in a bowl, have prechopped fress tomatoes, in very fine pieces, in it add some salt, crushed fresh garlic,

and finely chopped onions.

place a few table spoons of vegetable oil in a large chinese wok, heat it up real good.

Then add in quickley your diced salmon pieces (roughly one inch squares). as soon as these salmon

pieces get white, quikly add in your bow of tomatoes, onions and garlic,

stir this for a few minutes, (about 2 minutes), then take off and serve.

the trick to this method, is that it a quick cook up, so the salmons natural oil, will not overcook and

become bitter, nor would the tomatoes,

try it, you will absolutely love it.

thats similar to what i do but i add some capcicum and some fresh chilli to my salsa and i fry the salsa for a minute or so

i cook the salmon in filleted strips in a flat pan with olive oil and a sprinkle of salt the olive oil really adds a nice flavour to the fish. The fish does stick a bit so you have to be carefull 1 turn only takes about 2-3min to cook

then put fish on plate and top with the warm salsa

Edited by K1ngf1sher

thats similar to what i do but i add some capcicum and some fresh chilli to my salsa and i fry the salsa for a minute or so

i cook the salmon in filleted strips in a flat pan with olive oil and a sprinkle of salt the olive oil really adds a nice flavour to the fish. The fish does stick a bit so you have to be carefull 1 turn only takes about 2-3min to cook

then put fish on plate and top with the warm salsa

You're making me hungry....