Pouring Rain At The Spit

houmous2001

Late Tuesday night i had an urge once again to go and put out some squid i had caught on the friday before...

I get on the phone to Captain hook and also Kingsrule to see what the weather is like out north .... NEGATIVE lol it was bucketing :1badmood: ... i wasnt going to let this stop me hahahaha

I get home pack my gear and grab my lil bro and were off .. get to the spit around 12 quickly set up whilst under the bridge then proceed to put out our lines and leant them against the recently built timber deck.....

Didnt have to wait long till the first rod has a peck .. peck.. and BANG i was on, nice fat tailor jumping all over the place... land it after about 2mins.. Qickly take a photo and then im back out ... but stupid me i leave my phone out in the rain :05: so i lost $900 worth of phone but i was able to salvage the memory card so i got one photo out of it .....thats the main thing lol

The rest of the night was mayhem... more rain and more tailor all up we ended up with 6 nice fat tailor .. the biggest boin 61cm and 2.2kg unfortunately only one photo due to my stupidity hahaha

fun day anyways

This is my lil bro in the pic

post-3826-1177649893_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jewiejoe

yes mate i went to school with you at greystanes high....remember mr hansen

na i didnt go greystanes high man... sorry .. i new all the boys there though like ahmed eid and jason borg and james green etc,, and i was good friends with sarah zarapha ..

yeah i am a mad keen fisho lol

i love my fishing and if i have the itch to go then by god i will hahah

Congratulations mate! Unlucky about the phone but atleast you got into some good fish! What did you catch them on, all squid? Does anyone know if they respond to metals at night? I think after all that heavy rain they may have moved up closer towards the heads because i drive over the spit a few times a day and the water looks like mud! Anyways good work mate!

Congratulations mate! Unlucky about the phone but atleast you got into some good fish! What did you catch them on, all squid? Does anyone know if they respond to metals at night? I think after all that heavy rain they may have moved up closer towards the heads because i drive over the spit a few times a day and the water looks like mud! Anyways good work mate!

i dont think they respond well to metals at night altough i have seen some caught at the spit at night ... i think the lure reflects of the lights from the bridge,,,

i got all mine on freshsquid strips

Well done Joe...too wet for me...at first I thought you were taking your missus as you usually do so to leve the rods out while you stayed in the car would have been a good night still... :1yikes:

Congrats mate.... You have wet my appetite to try again ander that bridge that I drive over every day !

I have never had any luck but now I will try again !

Edited by sac261267