Kingy Mania

netic

Hey guys and gals,

Well what an eventful weekend, great weekend really.

First Friday night, my tigers win.......

As most of you may be aware my wife is due to give birth, yesterday she had some pains and high blood pressure and we went to the hospital and they have booked her in for an induction on Monday, so i figure im gonna be a father in 2 days and was wrapped.

Great weekend so far and i decided that i have to have a fish incase i cant get out for a while.

So called Sal and Big Steve and said lets go, but i told them i have to be back by Midday as i have to take my wife to the hospital.

They said cool and i told them to be at my place at 2.00am.

We decided to fish botany as it has been producing for a few friends of mine lately, But i have never fished Botany Bay before and didnt know anything about it, but i figured i could take it by ear and just go to where i thought kings would be.

We had a 2 stage plan.

Stage 1: Launch in Sydney harbour and catch squid ( DOnt have a clue where to get squid in Botany)

Stage 2: pull up thre boat and relaunch at kyeemagh to get the kings.

Stage 1

We got to the ramp at around 3.00am and went straight to the squid grounds.

We were lucky and we were able to get 12 squid in 1 hour and 30 minutes.

Went back to the ramp pulled the boat up and in true european tradition we stopped to have a breakfast break laying out all the food.

After a nice meal we decided to leave to Botany, got there about 6.00am

Stage 2

Armed with 12 squid and not a clue where to fish we launched and heading into the big bay.

On our way towards the heads i spotted a nice little area which i thought would fish well for Kings.

We stopped and got both riggers down and started to fish and what do you know...bang we are on rather quickly and we boat a just legal king.

Then we do another pass and we get a double hook up.

A 70cm and a 65cm.......5 minutes and 3 kings...im starting to think I LOVE BOTANY.......

Then another pass and we get another but this time he has many friends and Sal calls steve to get another bait for some switch baiting.....heres a quick vid on this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoeVLV8Pv7I

Then we go past another 4 or 5 times and we get double hook ups each and every time and then we decide to take some footage of Sal and Big Steve Hooking and fighting a pair of kings.

And then its my turn to get some fun

As you can see when they hit they hit well......All of the fish we caught were legal and the largest went around 74cm...no massive ones but we ended up with a tally of about 25 kings using a mixture of squid heads, strips and whole squid....the good thing was we got many of our baits back as you can see in one of the videos....

It was non stop action till we ran out of bait.....

I have done no hiding of the location so i recommend everyone get out there and have some fun with them.

Hope you enjoyed the report

Now i gotta go hospital to become a dad......what an awesome weekend.....

See yas.

Edited by netic

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey netic,

Nice work!

you boy's sure made the right choice heading to the bay after i saw you! Harbour was filthy and not a king to be found we called it a day fairly early!

Good luck for this arftanoon"s events netic!!

Dan.

Top session Oz and thanks for the great videos.

Botany sure was a good pick.

Good luck with the firstborn and hope all goes well...There goes your fishing

for a while now so just as well you got in a blinder for your last session.

Cheers,

Pete.

WHAT A DAY!!!!!!!!!!! :yahoo:

thanks OZ and sal top day we had everything went exactly to plan..

loving that report oz how good was your camera work :thumbup:

awesome day plenty of laughs and plenty of fish also..

just a pic below of the kingy steaks i prepared ready for the BBQ this arvo

mmmm mmmm delish :beersmile: fully skinned and deboned

good luck buddy with the new born :thumbup:.... talk to you soon anyways!!

cheers steve

post-1134-1177818779_thumb.jpg

Edited by big_steve

great report...

isn't there a 5 per person bag limit on kings

That is correct.

Netic & his crew are very aware of bag & size limits & I didn't see anywhere in the post where it said that they kept 25 Kingfish.

Cheers,

Grant.

As you can see when they hit they hit well......All of the fish we caught were legal and the largest went around 74cm...no massive ones but we ended up with a tally of about 25 kings using a mixture of squid heads, strips and whole squid....the good thing was we got many of our baits back as you can see in one of the videos....

sorry i must have miss understood they probably didnt take 25 home

Edited by K1ngf1sher

Thanks alot guys for the best wishes......will keep you all updated on the proceedings..

Kingyfisher...as jewhunter mentioned we didnt take home all 25 fish.....we only took some for Steves BBQ and for Sal's dinner plate..

Netic,

That is just awesome Botany Bay action and thanks so much for posting the videos showing how you guys do it.

Geoff, Andy and I fish the Bay heaps and my mouth is watering as I sit here!!!!!! :074:

Great stuff, thanks again.

Cheers

David.

Huge Effort Guys as usual, gathering Bait one side of sydney then launching in another part for Fish, your Effort and determination is an achievment in it self but to pick up the rewards of 25 kings is outstanding. Cheers Dave