netic

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well netic

you are yet to dissapoint me with one of your reports mate. soon as i see your name there i know im in for a great report and this one was no different. loved the footage especially sal. he managed to pull up that king even with his smoke in his mouth :074: well done mate and hopefully cigars will be handed out in the next few days to celebrate a healthy bub

cheers patrick

Once again guys thanks for all the best wishes......

Some bad news is that due to there being no beds in intensive care they have had to pospone the induction of the baby......they wanna make sure there is a bed available incase of anything going wrong...bloody public system.....

Kelvin, no outfit yet mate, but she will have one by the time she is ready to jump on board.

I must admit, i was very impressed with the bay, i dont know if it has been fishing like this all season but today was a great day.

The strange thing i found as a main point of difference to the harbour was the fact that there was around 10 boats within 100 metres of us, all anchored. In the harbour if you start getting into that sort of action you will have 20 boats around you in 10 minutes.

In botany not one boat came and started to fish the same area, thats why i think we were able top keep them on the bite so long...no boat traffic scaring them off.

WHAT A DAY!!!!!!!!!!! :yahoo:

thanks OZ and sal top day we had everything went exactly to plan..

loving that report oz how good was your camera work :thumbup:

awesome day plenty of laughs and plenty of fish also..

just a pic below of the kingy steaks i prepared ready for the BBQ this arvo

mmmm mmmm delish :beersmile: fully skinned and deboned

good luck buddy with the new born :thumbup:.... talk to you soon anyways!!

cheers steve

Steve,

What happened to the top fillet? Did the Sashimi fairy get to it?

Netic,

Another awesome report. I too would like to wish you good luck with the baby, and look forward to seeing (her?) on the water.

Good teamwork on the boat, very efficient.

But I have to say, the ciggy in the mouth had me on the floor. classic.

Arch

Well done on your report - with all the consistent posts on KINGY's and being a novice in both catching this breed and the waterways in your part of the world - watching your video was brilliant. Thanks for sharing it with us.

ALL THE BEST FOR THE ARRIVAL OF YOUR NEW BUB - it really is a life changing experience.

Cheers Marg

Steve,

What happened to the top fillet? Did the Sashimi fairy get to it?

haha nah mate just some trim off bits, as when u skin them u lose a bit of meat

but they went down a treat on the bbq yesty they sure were beefy healthy kings plenty of

meat on them..

steve

Hi Big Steve/Sal/Netic

Well done on the kingies and thanks for posting it. I noticed the squids were dead(am I right there) so did you down rigged squid strips or whole? If strips how long do you have the strips and how fast do you troll the strips at? With live squids I believe 2-3 knots is the trick.

Regards Kit

Hi Big Steve/Sal/Netic

Well done on the kingies and thanks for posting it. I noticed the squids were dead(am I right there) so did you down rigged squid strips or whole? If strips how long do you have the strips and how fast do you troll the strips at? With live squids I believe 2-3 knots is the trick.

Regards Kit

Mate they were dead by the time we got to botany...at first we were downrigging them whole and then we got a hood back after getting a king so we tried strips and they hit that as well, then we tried heads and strips and they als got hit.

Mate we troll as slow as we can....pretty much just in gear

Edited by netic