Deepwater Kings

namesay

No need to thank me Teddy as it is always a pleasure to fish with friends. I just loved it when you got that first king on the jig and the dollies!!!. These kings are multidimensional . How many large fish can you find in such varied environments? Just love our seriola friends.

Now that you guys have some good gear direct from Japan, those offshore kings must be trembling in their boots! :biggrin2: Cheers Kelvin

as always kelvin :thumbup: great report.. with the deeper water do they still fight as dirty as the ones in the harbour. id love to get onto one of those mini subs,thats if my dodgy back could handle it that is.. "The fight from a king even the small ones with 100m or more line out is something else." does this mean your fishing that deep.gee no need for the gym eh,youll be looking like Arnold Swarznegger in no time. :biggrin2: .

as always kelvin :thumbup: great report.. with the deeper water do they still fight as dirty as the ones in the harbour. id love to get onto one of those mini subs,thats if my dodgy back could handle it that is.. "The fight from a king even the small ones with 100m or more line out is something else." does this mean your fishing that deep.gee no need for the gym eh,youll be looking like Arnold Swarznegger in no time. :biggrin2: .

The kings fight bad and dirty like they do anywhere in the world!!! They fight all the way to the top and then some. Yep we are fishing in areas often more than 100meters deep sometimes 150m+. Must have the right gear or it is not fun at all. My arms are looking pretty good at the moment with all the exercise they are getting.!!

post-2057-1177938904_thumb.jpg

This is my current favourite outfit. THe rod is a real dream to use. So light and has all the things I look for in a jig rod. Long thin fore grip and a point of balance just around the front of the reel seat. Lower grip places the reel just where my right arm is . Just a sweet sweet outfit. Cheers Kelvin