Blackfishing Georges River

Ross Hunter and myself had a return match up today on the Blackfish :tease:

We needed to see if Ross's new braid and lighter trace would even up the odds and it did with Ross scoring a couple of beauties for the pan.

The day started off ordinarily :( could not get any weed from anywhere so I decided to leave early and try out my homemade grappling hook ay Kelso Park .

I was getting just enough for a few baits every drag when the worst thing happened ,my mobile phone fell out of my pocket straight into the drink Farkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk :1badmood: now I was pissed off with no phone and very little weed.

I rushed up to a local phone box and made some calls to Donna to let Ross know what had happened.

I went down to the park with my limited bait supply and landed a few nice ones while my phone lay pulled apart drying in the sun making weird noises.

2 hours later bugger me if the phone doesnt spring back to life and Ross rings and tells me he has some bait for us :yahoo: We hastily go down to the boardwalk and are plagued by very small fish and they stole our baits on numerous occasions.Ross did land a very nice specimen and I got a keeper there as well.

The fishing was good but the size left a lot to be desired.

Great day out again Ross and I think you got the better of me today :thumbup:

We are going again tomorrow for another hit at high tide and see if the better fish are on the beach at the park.

We did see a lot of people around today and spoke with them all ,Ross did mention something about a Lyre Bird in the bush :tease:

Few pics of the action today.

post-256-1178186022_thumb.jpg

post-256-1178186032_thumb.jpg

post-256-1178186041_thumb.jpg

post-256-1178186050_thumb.jpg

Geez Ross is a funny guy and a hell of a lot of fun to fish with.

Cheers Stewy

Ah again with the blackies aye stewy. Shame bout the fone, I think a lot of us get paranoid that it's gonna happen to one of us some day, seemed like it turned out to be a nice day out with a few real good specimens there :)

Where abouts up the georges was it ?

Ah again with the blackies aye stewy. Shame bout the fone, I think a lot of us get paranoid that it's gonna happen to one of us some day, seemed like it turned out to be a nice day out with a few real good specimens there :)

Where abouts up the georges was it ?

Lambeth Park near Picnic Point ,Dave

:1fishing1: STEWIE , YOU NEED TO GROW A GREY BEARD LIKE ROSS. IT HELPS TO ATTRACT THE BLACKFISH. CHEERS BART. :1fishing1:

I only shaved it off last night and it has plenty of grey in it trust me :074::074:

The blackie in the third pic is a stonker!

Great work Stewie and Ross!

PS - Stewie, Nokia make a waterproof phone (I've got one) that can be dropped briefly in the drink without significant consequence. They're also shock-proof. Perhaps you should consider?

Yes Mondo, I can't believe that it was FULLY submerged and STILL works.

Luckily I was going to buy him a new phone for his bday last week and decided on a Navman :biggrin2:

Ross, I believe you met up with some interesting dogs down there today.

Perhaps I shall join you tomorrow morning :074:

I will bring the video so you can do the blackfish dance

Cheers mrsswordfisherman

Hmmmmm, looks like there will be some healthy competition at the Blackie Social here in June!!! GREAT!

Had a go at the same spot I got the 3 nice ones last week, but it was the bottom of a very low tide & I spotted a few but no takers. Just too shallow. Hope to go back tomorrow & try again (so long as the swell is not too bad!)

Cheers

Roberta

Hmmmmm, looks like there will be some healthy competition at the Blackie Social here in June!!! GREAT!

Had a go at the same spot I got the 3 nice ones last week, but it was the bottom of a very low tide & I spotted a few but no takers. Just too shallow. Hope to go back tomorrow & try again (so long as the swell is not too bad!)

Cheers

Roberta

Hi Roberta ,I hope you can get us a supply of Blackie weed for the Social as it is as scarce as rockin horse shit down this way :wacko:

The blackie in the third pic is a stonker!

Great work Stewie and Ross!

PS - Stewie, Nokia make a waterproof phone (I've got one) that can be dropped briefly in the drink without significant consequence. They're also shock-proof. Perhaps you should consider?

Mr Swordfisherman,

What a day.... Phone in the drink.. Chased out of the creek by man eating eels, the development of the worlds greatest weed grapling hook ..(patent pending) Meanwhile during this tragedy I was working on Broadbill changing oils, oblivious of my fishing companion's terrible tragedy, so I rushed home knowing well that the swordfisherman would be there, even if he only had one leg from a savage eel attack.

Donna had rung me to advise of the phone dunking so it was full spreed to the blackfish grounds for me if only to add a bit of moral suport for the most distressed Swordy ( can you immagine him not having a phone for any more than a day?)...Half way there Mitch from Macs Bait rings and says "I went and got some weed for you" So I chuck a Bermigui (U turn)and back to Blakehurst I go to get the good weed (That's the stuff you catch blackfish with I'm talkin' about ) Eventually I arrive at 1.30 pm at the Georges feeling like the route was via Ayes Rock and the Swordfisherman has a beauty in the keeper. The phone by now is dried out and he is in reasonable fettle, although a little shaken from the man eating eels down the weed creek.( I hope the nighmares are not too bad to night) Keep an eye on him Donna...You may laugh but how many of the Fishraiders have been chased out of a backwater by a man eating eel?

We fish all afternoon and catch some of the smallest blackfish I have ever seen in my life ( how can a three inch blacky pull a float a foot underwater?), however as Stew says Quote" Nothing effects proffesionals' we battle on like trojans The river now has a sandbar from the berley we threw in and may need dredging We do manage a couple of great fish but at the end of the day I wouldnt care if we caught nothing. Just a couple of fishermen enjoying the serenity of the beautifull Georges and that's just too good!

I'm braided up for life and me and the Swordy are goin' to whack 'em tomorrow.

I may go lookin' for an American staffy or a lyre bird in the scrub if the fish don't bite

THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN' ABOUT SWORDY :yahoo:

Ross you had me pissing myself laughing with that post :074: mate you do have the gift of the gab thats for sure :thumbup:

I hope we dont see those staffies when Donna is with us or she will kick me in the ass :1yikes: or that Lyre Bird :biggrin2:

Cheers Stewy

ps SEE YA IN THE MORNING

Ross you had me pissing myself laughing with that post :074: mate you do have the gift of the gab thats for sure :thumbup:

I hope we dont see those staffies when Donna is with us or she will kick me in the ass :1yikes: or that Lyre Bird :biggrin2:

Cheers Stewy

ps SEE YA IN THE MORNING

See you and the beautifull girl at sparrow Fart Those blackfish are in serious trouble I reckon. :1fishing1:

Pleasant dreams free from eels

Roscoe

:Funny-Post::Funny-Post::Funny-Post:

....In hysterics here, thank you for sharing that Ross ....

Ditto!! Hey, Ross - I hope you are booked into the Forster Social!?? Stewy will want to know why, if you are not! He will need some decent competition!! Better give Stewy some of that magic weed - the fish variety, of course!

Cheers

Roberta

PS Good luck for tomorrow

PPS Still don't know how big that fish in the 3rd photo is!

Stewy, well done on reviving your phone! I dunked a camera once, crossing a freezing river in NZ & it fizzed & flashed & farted & well & truly died!! Very expensive trout trip, 'specially when we got none!

Edited by Roberta

Hey Stewy

Do you know anyone who has travelled with QANTAS on a long o/s trip? They give you a little plastic bag with a metallic 'closing' rim, with socks, toothbrush etc in it. On our last trip, I snaffled a few of them as we left the plane & use one for my phone & another for my camera when in or near the water!! Fold over the top & secure with a wide rubber band, to be sure, & it is as good as any 'waterproof bag' you can buy!

Could help save your phone from it's next fall which would probably be fatal for it!

Cheers

Roberta

There's gotta be a song in all of that Ross! Expect to hear it next time I'm on Broadbill! :074:

(P.S. I can hear you saying "who is this idiot", so here are a couple of pics of my last trip to jog your memory!)

post-3557-1178246482_thumb.jpg

post-3557-1178246540_thumb.jpg

Dan

They are off the rocks/headlands up here just now - got 3 beauties last week on rising tide. Hope to go again on the weekend in the morning!

Cheers

Roberta