Blackfish Session

roosterman

Hi Guys,

as im heading up to forster for the blackfish social on the 1st weekend in June its time to get some practise.i am going down to taronga zoo wharf [fishing off wall]on sunday morning and if anyone wants to tag along it will be good to have some company. i grew up fishing for blackfish [blackfish] so i know a bit about the art of luderick fishing so if your a newbie don't be shy i am always eager to share my knowledge of these wonderful beasts.they are a great fighting fish for there size and using light line is a challenge when you can get them up around the 6lb mark in the harbour and using 4lb - 6lb trace line.to fish for these you will need preferably have at least a 10ft rod around 10lb mainline is good with lighter trace line.size 10 hooks [they have very tiny soft mouths] and a float.weed is not a problem as i will have some but if you can bring your own thats good also..

this is what we are after [only a tiddler]post-2219-1178192396_thumb.jpg

anyway let me know guys if your interested.

ps wattos has a great deal on a beaut luderick setup for first in best dressed,i dont think he has many though..

hey mate

PM sent also...

hi Novicefisherman ,

pm sent buddy.

well guys the weed was sourced this morning

post-2219-1178339108_thumb.jpg

and i have to say a big :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: to MallacootaPete.. thanks mate your a true champion for putting me on to that weed spot.....

i will uncuff you and take the thumb screws out later :074:

ill mix up the burly tonight and hopefully by this time tomorrow will be :biggrin2::yahoo::thumbup: and even :074: as we recall those lost chances... anyway see you down there guys... steve...

Steve

That is nice looking weed - make sure you bring up both types to Forster! Well done Pete :1clap::1clap:

The pale stuff looks a bit like Stockton weed - it comes on up here later in the year. All sources up here looking pretty sad just now!!

Had a go off the rocks this morning - water too clear & too calm! Bugger

Cheers

Roberta

hi Novicefisherman ,

pm sent buddy.

well guys the weed was sourced this morning

post-2219-1178339108_thumb.jpg

and i have to say a big :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: to MallacootaPete.. thanks mate your a true champion for putting me on to that weed spot.....

i will uncuff you and take the thumb screws out later :074:

ill mix up the burly tonight and hopefully by this time tomorrow will be :biggrin2::yahoo::thumbup: and even :074: as we recall those lost chances... anyway see you down there guys... steve...

How did you go Steve? Hope you got a bag full of blackies.

Cheers,

Pete

How did you go Steve? Hope you got a bag full of blackies.

Cheers,

Pete

well pete you didnt miss much and i think i shoulda joined you in the lake.looked like you were crowded when i drove past,quite a few around fishing...

i only ended fishing for a couple hours [family commitments last minute] and conditions were perfect :thumbup:

post-2219-1178541722_thumb.jpg

tide was half and rising which from memory is great there and the bait was great,thanks again mate.i worked that float for all its worth and half bucket of burly later i didn't get a single down.Aint that the way it is sometimes when all the elements are spot on and the fish don't show, if i stayed longer prob woulda been different

but thats fishing i suppose.. was good to get some much needed float work in..just woulda been good to get some fresh fish for the table... instead i had to use the last of my frozen kingy for dinner.definitely gotta try to get out there again before my tummy gets angry... cheers... steve.....

well pete you didnt miss much and i think i shoulda joined you in the lake.looked like you were crowded when i drove past,quite a few around fishing...

i only ended fishing for a couple hours [family commitments last minute] and conditions were perfect :thumbup:

post-2219-1178541722_thumb.jpg

tide was half and rising which from memory is great there and the bait was great,thanks again mate.i worked that float for all its worth and half bucket of burly later i didn't get a single down.Aint that the way it is sometimes when all the elements are spot on and the fish don't show, if i stayed longer prob woulda been different

but thats fishing i suppose.. was good to get some much needed float work in..just woulda been good to get some fresh fish for the table... instead i had to use the last of my frozen kingy for dinner.definitely gotta try to get out there again before my tummy gets angry... cheers... steve.....

Ah, too bad Steve. Pity you didn't even get one down for the day but that's fishing I guess.

Funnily enough..Narra lake is producing some nice blackfish not too far from where you got the weed.

PM me if you want some more info on that spot.

Glad you got a feed of fish (even if it was frozen) after a fruitless day.

Cheers,

Pete.