Hawkesbury Glory

MGibbo

What glorious weather we are having - I highly recommend hitting the water if you haven't already. :thumbup:

Took my neighbour/friend out on her maiden voyage of the Hawkesbury to aim for flatties during school hours, we put the boat in at Mooney Mooney and eventually had some luck at Bar Point. The result of the day fish was:

Anne - unfortunately all undersized

1 whiting

2 bream

1 flathead

Marg - kept the 36cm + flounder

2 flatties (35cm + 36cm)

1 flounder

1 catfish (yuk)

Who could resist heading out yet again to enjoy that spectacular moon (considering the boat was still hitched to the car) ... so Mrs Stumpy eagerly joined me to aim for something really big under the moonlight.

We put the boat in at Parsley Bay then headed straight for Juno - to the surprise of Mr Stumpy and Flightmanager who were also there :1fishing1: or was that :beersmile: .

Our catch during the tide change was:

MRS STUMPY

1 huge squid

Many Tailor

MGIBBO

40cm Soapie (C&R)

Many Tailor

post-3514-1178236543_thumb.jpg

Now with Jo's squid which we did net but I unfortunately lost whilst putting it in a safe place - how bad does one feel when you lose someone else's catch!

Anyways nothing to bring home but a great time had by all. We bid farewell to Stumpy and Flightmanager who were heading off to Flint & Steel for the night - we truly hope they had a successful fish as they hadn't caught anything whilst we were there.

Cheers Marg

Edited by MGibbo

Great looking outing - shame about the squid - just hope it doesn't turn up under the seat or somewhere - you'll smell it before you see it!! Someone left a bit of bait in my yak once .... YUK!

Well done on getting out & taking advantage of that great waterway! Have you seen "Jewie Secrets"? Great info on getting bait & catching jews. Gives you all the spots to try for jews, too!

Cheers

Roberta

... I'll check it out....

The best part of all, is that it is all set around the Hawkesbury, Juno Pt & the highway or railway bridge - plus lots of other spots that you will recognise straight away!! Get that GPS out when you go - take a portable DVD with you to double check the spots!

Cheers

Roberta

I wanna do it one day!!!

Edited by Roberta

good stuff...plenty of jews around, good to see the ladies getting rugged up and enjoying a fish, wish mine would throw a line in she thinks fish stink and shes right gotta love her... i love the hawk so close to the city but when your there its like your 50 hours away not an hour..

cheers livebait!! :1fishing1:

How good is that.

Mr Stumpy sneaks off for a session at Juno at night, a couple of hours into it sees the lights of an approaching boat - only to have it pull up next to him with wife and Marg on-board doing a spot of sneaky night-fishing themselves!!

Can I just point out that I am 100% confident that this scenario will never play out for me!

Great work on the fish ladies - and Marg, have you noticed yet that your dedication to fishing is seeing you consistently pull better and better bags of fish? You're well on your way!!

RE: LIVE BAIT

Dito Live Bait - I totally relate ... I've always got a smile on my dial when I hit the water - it's the best place to be.

RE: CEPH

Ceph the squid would have been approx 40cm - Mrs Stumpy had never seen one before so it was quite funny seeing/hearing her reaction to it. She had no idea what this thing was squirting and spitting water at her :074: my concerns for the black ink squirting either myself or the boat made me lose it when tranfering it from the net to the bucket - I still can't believe I lost it, especially when it wasn't my catch.

As you know squid is great for bait, however, it is also delicious for human consumption - even though I know the jewies are on, I would have opted to keep it to eat.

Nice work! Any luck around the bridges lately?

DAN

RE: LURINGBREAM

I haven't really fished under the rail bridge lately (only for a short period with Paris Hilton) but wasn't there long enough to find out. There are always boats around the bridges so that must say something. I did notice yesterday since having the fish finder fixed that there is a very big hole on the Brooklyn side of the freeway bridge and some guys had many crab pops out around this area.

I also noticed yesterday that the fishing trawlers (2) were out at it again, surely these guys are sucking the river dry.

Well done Marg! :thumbup: Good to see you get some Flatties after your recent posts about targetting them! :thumbup:

Yes thanks to FR members posting replies and sending PM's and the recent social event at The Entrance, I have a better understanding about flatties. Flatties are definitely one of the nicest fish to each and so easy to fillet. I definitely recommend doing a drift to capture this type of fish.

Yesterday I had several big ones that got away, I'm positive they were flatties and that they just broke off when they realised they were getting to the top - they gave a thrashing and then gone. Worst thing is not seeing the one that got away. Not exactly sure what I need to do to ensure I get them up and into the boat. I've purchased thicker braid so they can't bite through it now, it's just the problem of the flatties soft lips or the fact that they spit the bait out when alerted to danger.

I'll keep trying though to catch that monster.

How good is that.

Mr Stumpy sneaks off for a session at Juno at night, a couple of hours into it sees the lights of an approaching boat - only to have it pull up next to him with wife and Marg on-board doing a spot of sneaky night-fishing themselves!!

Can I just point out that I am 100% confident that this scenario will never play out for me!

Great work on the fish ladies - and Marg, have you noticed yet that your dedication to fishing is seeing you consistently pull better and better bags of fish? You're well on your way!!

HI MONDO

:074: Funny about the scenario. I'm actually thinking that FR need to add an icon with a man waving a rolling pin as my poor husband has to put up with my fishing obsessions. I find it funny when I read that people have to sweet talk the :wife: to get out on the water. What the?

RE: Consistency - practice makes perfect and I am positively thinking that one day I will post a monster on Fishraider. BRING IT ON!

Edited by MGibbo

Guest MRS WATTO

Excellent work ladies, well done.

Did you see the picture of Ross, have a look at his face :074::074::074::074: , I BET HE WAS DREAMING ABOUT HIS ETEC MOTOR :074:

When does Mrs Rzep and Mrs Watto and Mrs swordfisherman get a invite

Remember Girl Power

Excellent work ladies, well done.

Did you see the picture of Ross, have a look at his face :074::074::074::074: , I BET HE WAS DREAMING ABOUT HIS ETEC MOTOR :074:

When does Mrs Rzep and Mrs Watto and Mrs swordfisherman get a invite

Remember Girl Power

GO FISHRAIDERS GIRL POWER GROUP!

That sounds like a fantastic idea - we will definitely have to arrange it. Is that with or without karaoke?

Cheers Marg

P.S. Yes Ross (Flightmanager) does look like he's dreaming about his new baby, fortunately he was in Stumpy's boat which I must say "isn't" extremely quiet with his twin engines ... at least it was hard to hear Ross talking about his new (blue) Etec :074:

Sorry Ross - I must say this whole theme is such a classic topic.

Its almost time to have the inaugural MEN RAIDERS vs WOMEN RAIDERS social/comp :biggrin2:

My dream is becoming a reality. It is not so long ago that I was one of only TWO women members on fishraider!!!!

We are becoming a large group and a force to be reckoned with indeed.

I will have to have a :gathering: about this and make some arrangements

Hmmmmm sponsored by ummmmmm Dolce and Gabbana or ......................

Cheers mrsswordfisherman

What a fantastic evening I had on the Hawkesbury with Murray!! :yahoo: Absolutely perfect conditions , mild weather , very little wind , but sadly , very few fish!! :thumbdown:

Murray and I were quietly solving all of the worlds problems , while trying to entice a Jewy into our boat , when his phone rings . I , of course could only hear one side of the conversation , it went something like this as I recall :

" Where did you say you were?"..........." I cant see you , turn your lights om and off " ............. " You caught a what ? " ....." Expletives Deleted in the interests of decency"

So , as is only proper , we shortly joined the 2 good ladies , and compared notes . Murray and I of course made the appropriate congratulatory responses when told of their good fortune with a small jew and a squid !!

We made our farewells , and returned to Flint and Steel , where we anchored up for the evening. During the night , Murray and I both got onto good sized fish , sadly Murrays braid snapped , and mine busted me off !

Sunrise saw us tucking into some bacon and eggs ( Fishraider style ) , and we set forth out into the " Big Water " , to try our luck at some of the reefs and wrecks. Fishing n 200' of water was a new experience for me , and with much tuition from Murray , I caught a couple of leatherjackets , which we put on ice for Mrsflightmanager to enjoy when I got home.

If ever there was a perfect day for fishing with a mate , today was it. The sun was singing , and the birds were shining , and all was well in our little patch of Gods Country!

We tried a couple of other sites that Murray knew , with mixed results , although , he did land a big rock cod , which also found its way into the icebox!

Thanks Stumpy for a great days/nights fishing , I had a real blast , and learnt a lot of stuff that I know will come in handy really soon!!

Ross

Hey Ross - it sounds fantastic, waking up on the water to enjoy bacon and eggs with your fishing rods at your disposal.

Don't suppose you fella's took a camera?

The moons looking pretty good tonight - would love to be out there again.

Cheers Marg

P.S. Did you happen to see the jewie that one of the boats were raving about at Juno? I could just make out something. Weren't they saying 25kg? It was great to hear the fellow fisho's applause.

Its almost time to have the inaugural MEN RAIDERS vs WOMEN RAIDERS social/comp :biggrin2:

My dream is becoming a reality. It is not so long ago that I was one of only TWO women members on fishraider!!!!

We are becoming a large group and a force to be reckoned with indeed.

I will have to have a :gathering: about this and make some arrangements

Hmmmmm sponsored by ummmmmm Dolce and Gabbana or ......................

Cheers mrsswordfisherman

Living with 4 males (hubby + 3 Kids) ...... this sounds great to me!

Edited by mrs_rzep

Yeah Yeah Yeah, Bla Bla Bla.

Ross, Stop smoking your Sons Cigarettes and go back to the ones with nicotine in them.

We rather quietly organise a trip to chase the elusive Jewie and look what happens. This place falls apart ,and I even think that there could be an uprising from the ladies!All overnight on Fishraider whilst we were working hard to catch a fish.

I mean, as soon as we hit the water, my number 1 daughter Jess sends out a report that was completely incorrect.(except the bit about the no fish caught bit, and mabe the bit about you blabbing on about my noisy engines as opposed to your ETech baby) but positively everything else was false.

And who put the girls up to stalking me and you for our secret spot X ?? I mean, the phone rings whilst we're out in the water and its my Wife- and Gibbo....... and.......... shes 30 bloody metres behind us. Beautiful....... just bloody beautiful !!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Thank God you didn't bring the girls over like you said you would !)

Now we get back and find Gibbo firing up the Girlpower bit and flamin Mrs Swordie backing it to the hilt :mad3: Whats next, I mean are we going to see you girls burn bras and fish topless :1yikes: or is this a cry for attention??

Or...........................................

Is this a challenge ??????????????

(If so, bags not fish with Ross- he snores and talks to Etech in his sleep hehehe)

Bring it on Girls. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Oh yeah,the report,,, like Ross said, we had a hoot of a time and errrrrrrrr....... caught some fish :biggrin2:

If you want to know what and how many, ask one of the girls, they seem to know more than us !!!!They were probably there :biggrin2:

That wasnt snoring Stumpy , it was my imitation of the Twin Mercs at idle ! :074::074: ( Pretty clever I reckon , as I only have one tongue!) .

If we can get enough interest in a boy vs girl thing , only too happy to arrange it !!

Bring it on ladies , we are not afraid !! :)

Ross

That wasnt snoring Stumpy , it was my imitation of the Twin Mercs at idle ! :074::074: ( Pretty clever I reckon , as I only have one tongue!) .

If we can get enough interest in a boy vs girl thing , only too happy to arrange it !!

Bring it on ladies , we are not afraid !! :)

Ross

Can we cheat ???

:074::Funny-Post: What a classic! All we were trying to do was have a little fish - no need to get your knickers in a knot!!!

P.S. Thanks for the burley trail ..... it certainly helped us out. :1fishing1:

P.S.S. Ross I love the imitation of the idling twin mercs.

Guest MRS WATTO

Bring it on Boys,

Donna please start organising this trip, girls vs boys.

Boys there is no hope for you all, especially Ross with that blue etec bloody motor, your motor wont catch fish, its the fishing technique that us special women have. Its a gift.

FISHRAIDER FISHRAIDER, GIRL POWER DOES ANYONE COPY