Port Kembla Jews Part 2

Yabbiehunter

Hi all as you may know i went down to port Kembla on thursday night last week and fished for a few Jews and did ok..... so i decided on trying again on saturday night, went down with my brother in law got there about 9:30pm was calm as went to the spot and within 3 minutes my broter in law was into his 1st jewie.....nothing major approx 60cm but none the less he was excited. 2 cut a long story short we fished through the night caught another hammerhead shark and another 10 JEWFISH :1fishing1::1prop: we lost another 5 trying to land them as i had left the net at home :idiot: they would eat anything we threw at them, i caught a live squid on guess what bait????? squid.. could not believe it anyways stripped it up and it went good, also i caught a small tailor (foul hooked in the back) so i decided 2 send it back down.....within 5 min the 3kg bream gear buckled over we stayed most of the night till early morning and had a really enjoyable time, cant wait to do it all again............ SORRY SORRY SORRY about the pic quality, the pics were taken from my phone at about 4am.. hope you can see them good, was a good night cant wait for sat to do it all again....btw the light tackle worked better as i thought

post-3509-1178615829_thumb.jpg

post-3509-1178615841_thumb.jpg

post-3509-1178615854_thumb.jpg

Sounds like a great session there Yabbiehunter. You're braining the jews down there in PK!

Lucky you didn't boat the other five jewies though as there is a 5 per person bag limit (and only 2 over 75cm).

Keep those reports coming :thumbup:

Mondo

Sounds like a great session there Yabbiehunter. You're braining the jews down there in PK!

Lucky you didn't boat the other five jewies though as there is a 5 per person bag limit (and only 2 over 75cm).

Keep those reports coming :thumbup:

Mondo

good call mondo

i was just curious are you allowed 2 keep hammerhead sharks? the ones i have been getting are about 70cm long any ideas any1?

Hi YH

I checked fisheries and there doesn't appear to be a legal size limit for sharks, with the exception of "school sharks", which seem to have a 91cm limit. Bag limit is five sharks in total (max 2 wobbegongs).

I don't think that Hammerheads fall under the definition 'school shark' - but maybe another Raider knows more?

A nice feed of Jews caught there,I think a lot of foshos would

be happy to get a bag like that.

penguin

i am very happy with that catch im goin to the same spot this saturday night (weather permitting) but this time we are going in a group of 3 boats... i hope the jews are still there wanting to play. :mad3:

hi mate, some time back i saw a boat fishing the ocean side of the breakwall in a boat around 3 metres from the wall and about 10m from the point. they also managed some good sized jews although not as many.

is this near where you were fishing?

hi mate, some time back i saw a boat fishing the ocean side of the breakwall in a boat around 3 metres from the wall and about 10m from the point. they also managed some good sized jews although not as many.

is this near where you were fishing?

thats right where i was fishing i find also you get some snapper there, ill be out there 2morrow night or maybe sat night, either way ill post results

thats right where i was fishing i find also you get some snapper there, ill be out there 2morrow night or maybe sat night, either way ill post results

cool mate good luck, i was plnning to fish the breakwall at some stage friday night, i heard there are good amounts of squid there so i was hoping to send one out live to entice a jewie myself of the stones.