Tom Uglys And Surrounds

twoducks

The most popular spot is at the northern end of the bridge. When heading south there is a small road that branches off to the left a few hundred meters before the bridge.

This takes you down to the car park & fishing location.

The main thing to keep in mind is the tide as it can move rather quickly in this area draging lines back into the retaining wall.

Suggest you pick a time that is either close to the top or bottom of the tide if planing to fish out into the main stream or fish the eastern side on the run out .

Access to the western side for the run in can be crowded.

Another spot to consider is Bald Face Point at the end of Stuart St Blakehurst. There is car parking but it is a bit of a hike in & out.

The water moves very quickly past the point & generally find it is best fished on the run in tide

Geoff.

Another spot to consider is Bald Face Point at the end of Stuart St Blakehurst. There is car parking but it is a bit of a hike in & out.

The water moves very quickly past the point & generally find it is best fished on the run in tide

Geoff.

I fished there yesterday

run out tide and no fish

have you had good luck on an incoming tide ?

Guest rzep

Twoducks,

Were you going to take the boat or be land based?

Not that I can help you as I have never fished there before but just so that you can be steered in the right direction. :thumbup:

Twoducks,

Were you going to take the boat or be land based?

Not that I can help you as I have never fished there before but just so that you can be steered in the right direction. :thumbup:

Gidday Mate,yeah was thinking of taking the old Dehav down there to see if it still runs..lmao

Was going to take the resto Quinny but my mates signed up for a golf weekend so cant get away.

Good to put some faces to ppl at Wattos on Saturday to btw.

Cheers Twoducks

Guest rzep

Twoducks,

I have just read through the Boatramp secion and according to Crazedfisherdude the boat ramp at Oatley Bay may be the go.

Boatramps

We have no photo's of this ramp at the moment but here is a link to it.

Oatley Bay Ramp

Hope this helps.

Edited by rzep

The most popular spot is at the northern end of the bridge. When heading south there is a small road that branches off to the left a few hundred meters before the bridge.

This takes you down to the car park & fishing location.

The main thing to keep in mind is the tide as it can move rather quickly in this area draging lines back into the retaining wall.

Suggest you pick a time that is either close to the top or bottom of the tide if planing to fish out into the main stream or fish the eastern side on the run out .

Access to the western side for the run in can be crowded.

Geoff.

Thanks Geoff,will take the advice on board

Cheers

Twoducks

Twoducks,

I have just read through the Boatramp secion and according to Crazedfisherdude the boat ramp at Oatley Bay may be the go.

Boatramps

We have no photo's of this ramp at the moment but here is a link to it.

Oatley Bay Ramp

Hope this helps.

Dam i forgot about that site, (Note to self organise my bookmarks and links....lol)

Thanks again will have a look

Cheers

Twoducks

Al

There is three boat ramps just around the corner from tom uglys next to the Kograrah Bay Sailing Club.

Two ducks Perhaps you have checked out the the section on boat ramps , Both Oatley & K.Bay are included.

Paul's link picks up at post No. 21. The Oatley post is the one prior , No 20. K.Bay is post No. 8

Robeebee. " have you had good luck on an incoming tide ?". Mainly fish the area from a boat , pick up a few from time to time. The incomming preference is the water flow has less movement due to the protection of the point hence lines tend not to be dragged back onto the rocks.

Geoff

Edited by Geoff