Sydney Harbour 12 May!

hook'm

Hit the squid grounds at 12 am and met up with Greg(Dan and Greg) had a nice hot coffee with Greg and then Dano1 rocks up at about 1:45 so it the likely trio at it again! :1gathering:

Dano1 shoots off to pick up Tim ,the other half of the Dano1 kingfish machine lol

Squid were a bit scarce but still there …very cold and dewy :frozen: so needed hot food .

Greg then grabs Dan (D&G) and then returns with Dan and a chilli beef and cheese pie for us all!!!!! :1punk:

Dan jumps aboard with me as hes recovering from some tests he had done last week ad needed a comfortable platform to fish from with soft seating.

So by 6 am weve dredged the squidgrounds and got enough squid for all.

We did try spot x for southerns but only for half an hour and said stuff it

Lets go for kings.

Again we all scatter Greg went into the harbour proper Dano1 and Bearded Dragon(Tim) haha gave Clifton a go for 15 mns lol

Dan and I went the opposite way .Trying to keep the swell to a minimum for his back.

We drop our first live squid each and not 30 seconds later my pfleuger starts to crawl

Off,was weird so I strike and the fish came to the surface quite quickly im thinking shark but no it’s a 66 cm king!! :1clap: After seeing the boat he shot off but was boated soon after!! Called Dano1 and the Bearded Dragon,Greg and also Coolamon (Dano1 let him know) I didn’t have his number and within 15 mns we are all there.

My next fish was a 64…….then the next one was a bit different the reel screemed of so much faster than the others and after an awesome fight Dan nets my current pb king of 84 cm!! :icon_peace::biggrinthumb: An absolutely beautiful fish to look at!!After that it was on for young and old I boated 3 more 59.5,60,60.Lost 3 also.

Greg boat 3 and and lost a monster that was pulling 14kg of drag with no problems,

Dano1 and the Bearded Dragon ..lol,boated 13 – 15 fish between them ,they’ll have to comfirm that and sizes as I was busy haha but I know im close.

Coolamon boats a beautiful king and so does his mate!!!!! :adminpower: hahaha

So for may it was a dream session and by 10:45 (low tide )it was all over.

Im rooted anyway after 11 hours on the water and 2 hours sleep so we go and leave Greg there for the tide to change.He ends up bagging out(5 kings )and releases 4 more legals.

Sorry about the epic novel but getting my pb at 84 cm after it only being 66 (in May of all months) blew me away and fishing with good mates and all getting into it is priceless.

Dan ure a champ mate i would have lost that 84 if u werent there to net it !!! :thumbup:

Cheers Jason

Pics to follow

Edited by Hook'm

Hey Jase

What a great day the usual "crew" put on!!!! BS, Beer an fishing, with ALOT of kingys to boot!!!! YAHOOO :thumbup::yahoo:

Thanks for letting me fish with you yesterday, alot more comfortable than I would have been with Greg!!! Great to see southerly get his kingy off your anchor line, but either way we would have gotten it for him, just a matter of how :biggrin2:.

Was great to see some other raiders with us also hooking in!!!

Well done on your new PB i told you at 6am yester your new PB after your 66cm should be 75cm, an you couldnt be further wrong when you told me it would be a while,,,,,YOU SMASHED IT

Was funny as hell watching Greg doing the two step kingy dance, ie double hookup by his lonesome, an trying to keep that drag quiet amongst 1000'S of other people asking "ANY KINYS"

Anyhow looking foward to the next one with the boys

It was an absolute pleasure boating your 84cm, you would have got it by yourself but it wouldnt have been as pretty

D & G

Was funny as hell watching Greg doing the two step kingy dance, ie double hookup by his lonesome, an trying to keep that drag quiet amongst 1000'S of other people asking "ANY KINYS"

Hey guys, maybe you should shift to handlines, that way you just hold your hand against the gunnel holding the fish till the onlookers pass, used to work a treat off Longy.

Southerly

Very true southerly!

But landing a kingy on a handline opens up another bag full of probs, so Im more than happy trying to hold or stop a kingy until a passing boat PO"S :biggrin2:

Cmon boys whos going to post the pics, I know there were quite a few taken :1prop:

D & G

Congratulations on your new pb jase that’s 2 upgrades in as many weeks! :1worthy::clapping: What another day packed with madness and kings for all.

Tim and i managed to boat 11 kings and busted off another 3! Dan = 6, Tim =5

sorry about late reply as i thought the site was down :throw: !!

Here is a few pictures of the day!

:ph34r: this is the mirage thats been seen around the harbour of late :074::flying: !

post-3412-1179035059_thumb.jpg

84cm king + Jason + Dan + bait tank all on 1 side = sink'm not hook'm :074: another 20kg's and i reckon u would of been taking some water in jase!!

post-3412-1179035245_thumb.jpg

A nice 84cm pb king landed by jase and netted by dan!!

post-3412-1179035550_thumb.jpg

84cm King!

post-3412-1179035739_thumb.jpg

A nice pair of kings after a double hook up!

post-3412-1179035934_thumb.jpg

Me into a nice little king! Nice action shot Tim.

post-3412-1179036032_thumb.jpg

Jase and Dan with some fish!

post-3412-1179036277_thumb.jpg

What a great day had and to back in b4 lunch :1boff:

Might get out mid week b4 all these kings piss off!! :fish_h4h::gun_bandana:

Dan.

Ps. i have so much priceless footage on the hard drive of my camcorder!!!! Can't wait to get broad band:1prop:

#84cm pb king (hook'm)

#66cm king from yak (southerly) including gaff overboard!!

and thats only of yesterday! :drunk::yahoo:

Dan.

Nice work guys sounds like a cracker of a day!!!!

Hope to make some damage on the kingfish population next weekend as this one was a no fish weekend!!! well apart from 30 minutes down at narrabeen lake, in which time my mate causght to monster crocodiles..... or flatties call em what you like but at about 70ish cm they look like crocs!!!

Good work on the catch guys :thumbup:

Hey guys, I was around Manly Warf this afternoon with the kids. There were heaps of big leather jackets, bream, blackfish and even a Blue Grouper (first I have ever seen at the warfe) of course it is a no fish area. There were also two kings around legal terroising either small slimies or frog mouths (they were mving too fast to tell), those kings can really move quick when they want to, they were in amoungst the pilons about 2 tmrs from my feet. Great to watch.

There were also some bait headign for the sky in north harbour as something chased them.

Southerly

well done lads, I cant believe the Kings are tsill aorund in good numbers! One of the Premier Charter Gurus was only telling us last week that the bite is all but gone for this season......

MAybe its the combined effort of all you blokes comin together and spreading out. Well done.

Hey Keepin_Tabs

Myself an Greg, an I reckon HookM (jase) and dano1 (Tim an Dano) would agree the reason why we have been so productive of late is we work together extremely well an we all get along like a house of fire,,,, YAHHOOOOOOOOO :tease:. Please correct me if you want guys :1prop:

In the last 4 weeks in our many forays with the 3 boats, there has been, tow ins, boats falling off trailers, lack of bait, panadol, coffee, meat pies an alot of other things that we have all swapped around on the various boats!!

Work together and anything is possible! Dano1 found the kingys last week, an this week he had no bait, an betwn Jase an Me, an Greg we had more than enough to cover Dano1! And two weeks ago, HooK'M, D & G were all onboard with Dano1... Tit for tat! an we always help a mate, no matter WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pure Team work!!!!! LOVE IT!

D & G

Edited by Dan and Greg

Jase and dan after the fish was brought aboard!

post-3412-1179051726_thumb.jpg

Where's hook'm????? 074: :074::074::074::074::074:

:074:

Cmon dano be nice :thumbup:

At least I had something under my feet, sides the fact it was water..... , Im standing on water with the Messiah.

Ah Jase! Turn the bilge on plse! :biggrin2:

D & G

You guys ripped it this weekend.. and just when everyone thought the Kings are gone...... I knew we should have had a crack on Saturday.

Well done. Lets hope they hang around for a few more weeks.

Cheers

Ceph.

EXCELLENT POST and well done on the PB's - what an awesome experience to be soooo successful.

I'm a little concerned to hear that Dan had a chilli pie when he's had a resent Doctor's appointment which required a soft cushion!!!

EXCELLENT POST and well done on the PB's - what an awesome experience to be soooo successful.

I'm a little concerned to hear that Dan had a chilli pie when he's had a resent Doctor's appointment which required a soft cushion!!!

Hahaha i think it wasnt in the area you are referring to lol

its not my place to say what he had done but it was spine related

So instead i almost drowned him hahahaha