Workshops

I have been watching this thread grow and there has been some great ideas on the practice of fishing but what about boating as well.

My thoughts would be along the lines of safety, How about a presentation from the emergency services on safety equipment/radios/EPIRBS search and rescue etc.

OR

There are a lot of new boaters out there asking a lot of questions about why my boat lists to one side and why my boat digs in or why does my trailer do this. How about some of the more experienced boaters give them a hand and a bit of their practical experience.

This sounds like it may be a logistical nightmare with the number of members on the board but this would not involve every member, only the inexperienced ones that need help. If enough people are interested maybe a day session involving a BBQ lunch.

I would be willing to impart my 30 odd years of practical experience.

Pete

I would love to see a night on rigging dead baits for skip and swim baiting, with a bit of hands on teaching....

I did a bit of it in Cairns and loved it, brought what I learnt back to Sydney and now use it here....would love to see how the Sydney Pro's do it.

Also interested in the swap and sell night, sounds great.

Would also be very interested in a night in bait rigging.

Should see if Ross Hunter is interested in being the teacher.

Ideas are all great and I thank you all for the input.

Ross Hunter has already told me he would be very pleased to present for us at an evening.

I have also contacted fisheries and waterways and have them lined up for some evenings.

I will post up soon regarding the next workshop which is booked in for 5th of July.

Cheers mrsswordfisherman

Guest rzep

How about a marine radio course.

If enough of us attend, It would be cheap too!

I think that this a great idea and I would be interested :thumbup:

here's my suggestion:

A thorough night of "idea swapping".

Subjects should include:

1. How do I get out of chores to go fishing

2. How do I convince the Mrs that fishing IS a sport and that I'm doing it for my health.

3. How do I get out of work to go fishing

4. What to do when you've chucked a sickie and the boss finds out you've been fishing

5. How do you hide the amount of $$$ you spend at Watto's from the Mrs.

and finally

6. How do I get the smell of fish out of my work shirt so that neither the boss NOR the Mrs knows I was fishing and not working today!

I rekon about a 7 hour workshop should do it ..... all we need to do is find a boat big enough to hold it on .... while we all fish of course!

:1prop:

Edited by fishy fingers

Good one martin i would be into that workshop.

My wife thought i was having an affair with the amount of time i spent fishing. I was having an affair but with fish not a woman. She thought i just rubbed pillies over myself before i came home to cover up any other smell.

God bless my wife as shes glad i peeee off and go fishing.

• 4 weeks later...

I would love to see a night on rigging dead baits for skip and swim baiting, with a bit of hands on teaching....

I did a bit of it in Cairns and loved it, brought what I learnt back to Sydney and now use it here....would love to see how the Sydney Pro's do it.

Also interested in the swap and sell night, sounds great.

sounds good keepin_TABS