Workshops

mm the first two kind of focused on boat fishing trolling gars etc.

maybe something to do with estuary>landbased>hardbodies..

i duno, im really bored :biggrin2:

Thank you Davy

Perhaps lure fishing in the estuaries for land based anglers. A good idea !!

Cheers mrsswordfisherman

Over the past 6 months i have had a heap of PM's asking about downrigging....it seems many memebers have downriggers these days...maybe a workshop on how to best use a downrigger

Thank you Davy

Perhaps lure fishing in the estuaries for land based anglers. A good idea !!

Cheers mrsswordfisherman

Yeah i'd be interested in that. And maybe how the drought has affected our fresh water impoundments, how we now fish em, whether we sould fish em, ? whats it done to the fish stocks, what cant we do to ensure they bounce back when n if we get some bloody rain.

Waynie

Guest rzep

I would like to see something for the kids.

NSW fisheries run workshops and I think it wouod be a great idea to get a heap of Raider kids invovled.

Fisheries

Yeah i'd be interested in that. And maybe how the drought has affected our fresh water impoundments, how we now fish em, whether we sould fish em, ? whats it done to the fish stocks, what cant we do to ensure they bounce back when n if we get some bloody rain.

Waynie

Yeah, that idea does sound appealing, never sure if you're doing the right thing with regards to impacting populations etc. Maybe someone from fisheries could shed some light on this?

After saying that, I probably won't be able to come as usual :1badmood:

Oh well, atleast I could get some feedback from Raiders after the workshop.

What about getting some of our ABT competition anglers to do a workshop on SP's,

with new lures and techniques coming about all the time it's hard to keep up with trends.

The mags are at least 6 months behind by the time we read about "new" tips.

Just a thought.

Rod.

Good evening Donna, a swap and sell auction would do well, as would be a good bream/bass presentation.

We are fortunate enough to have some competative bream and bass fishos on this site who may want to chip in. I reckon Stewy and Fishfinder Tony amongst others would have lots to input :thumbup:

A talk on kingfish would work well too. Even a presentation on squidding would be interesting. Gotta love fishing! So much to talk about :yahoo:

Regards

Red

What about getting some of our ABT competition anglers to do a workshop on SP's,

with new lures and techniques coming about all the time it's hard to keep up with trends.

The mags are at least 6 months behind by the time we read about "new" tips.

Just a thought.

Rod.

Count me in for a lure workshop!!

I thought the rigger one was good.....

Some stuff on beach and rock fishing would be good!

Or maybe some stuff on kings in Sydney Harbour......

I also think an SP workshop would be great, I love those things (though I am not very good with them). Could someone maybe cover everything with line strength, type of lure retrieves, ect....

henry

Edited by henryinnis

A casting clinic could be benificial for some ecspecialy kids. I remember years of frustration with bait casters sorted by a bit of advice by John Bethune (so thankful). And if some sponsers got on board for prizes to have a casting comp. That id be a hoot!

Waynie

I know I'm going to arrange a session of SP's with Swordy, when I get my finger out, but I would also like a session on how to fish with SPs and hardbodies as I've never fished with SPs.

Cheers

Deek

Some basic stuff for the beginners such as:

* types of live bait

* catching live bait

* equipment / tackle

* where to look for live bait i.e. tell tale signs where there are live bait schools

* best times to fish for live bait tides/moon phases etc.

* tips in general

* demo's (no idea how!)

--> moving into

* rigging live bait

* knots

* rigs

--> moving into

* other requests by other members as to how to catch specific species of fish etc. :)

Land based and boat discussion to cater for everyone :)

How about a marine radio course.

If enough of us attend, It would be cheap too!

(My Uncle and Dad work the tower at Brunswick heads and reckon it is a sensible thing to have)