Mullet, Flattie & Blackies!

arpie

Hi guys

Caught up with new Raider Sean@crescent & his wife this morning for a fish from kayaks (Sean had his & I loaned one to Sharon for the weekend!) Sharon got lots of hits but no hookups & I got some nice mullet & even got a beaut flattie as I rode the out tide on the way back to the ute! - all rather unexpected, as my rod broke on the 2nd cast of the day! Didn't even have a fish on! Bugger! My favourite flattie rod, too! I had no choice but to fish on, & surprise, surprise - it didn't seem to affect the fish too much!

post-2231-1179391439_thumb.jpg

Fished the wall this pm with Sean & Sharon watching! Caught 3 (put one back), dropped 2 & busted off by a monster! Both Sean & Sharon will have a go tomorrow pm with me! They hope to fish the SOcial, as well.

THINGS ARE LOOKING GOOD FOR THE SOCIAL!! The blackies were pretty thick along the weed edge of the wall! Yahoo!!

Should be busy for the next few days fishing & yakking my little heart out!!

SUFFER!!!

Cheers

Roberta

Edited by Roberta

Alas..... it can be repaired. Any good rodmaker will be able to splice it back together for you. Might cost a bit but if you love the rod and it has sentimental value, it is probably worth doing. I have seen some where the action was still pretty good after the repair. Looks like it was broken right on a guide centre. This will help to conceal the repair. :1prop:

It is like losing a child when you break your favourite.... :1badmood:

Hi Ceph

I have already had a go at repairing it & only have the epoxy to go! It was right at the guide & I have used braid as the binding! Luckily I had some nice thin 'tips' that I was able to put up the top & bottom bits quite snuggly & it still has good action (at least until I put the epoxy on!)

post-2231-1179471499_thumb.jpg

It will be a little thicker than the other guides, but I am not too worried!

Cheers

Roberta

I know the feeling I brought a brand new daiwa just before Chrissie and on the second cast of the second outing she snapped about 8in in from where the 2 pieces join, wasn't very impressed so I rand daiwa direct and the replaced the tip section with out any hesitation.

Dave

Hey Dave

Now that is what I call real service!!! Check out my thread on Harvey Norman!!

http://fishraider.com.au/Invision/index.php?showtopic=20545

They just didn't do the right thing & it is my mission to tell everyone!!

Unfortunately, my rod had done a few miles & I think I dropped the yak on it or something!!! Darn it! I fished worse today than I did on Friday, when I fished with it broken!

Cheers

Roberta