Hen And Chicken 19.05.07

dazzassj6

Weather: Clear

Temperature:22 degrees

Wind: 12-18 knots westerly winds

Time: 10-1pm, High tide 10am, caught fish on the run out

Got there went straight to the wharf, i wanted to try out bread and squids and yakkas but doesnt seem to work there or maybe just no fish. Tried a couple of plastics around got a few hits but nothing major. So decided to move to the bottom part of HC. It looked fine as i was expecting flatties but no takers on my 2" bass minnow bloodworm or pumpkin seed. So used the prawns i got at the tackle shop and landed one 15cm whiting released back in.

Saw my 2 rods bend and i think it was a double hook up but i was too busy concentrating on fighting something that pulled really hard. So i was fighting something average as i thought at first kept winding, i thought maybe flattie since it didnt fight, then wen it got close to shore it started peeling lines and ran for wall but i guided it back to me. So a big flash of white, i thought it was flounder as it is wide. Then it actually a 38cm trevally. It looked so huge to me because the last time i caught a trev here it was much smaller.

So yeh luckily i landed one fish and i was really happy. Gonna go again tomoro

Some pics of the action.

IMGP3996-1.jpg

IMGP3997.jpg

IMGP3998.jpg

IMGP3999.jpg

IMGP4004.jpg

IMGP4009.jpg

What is the outfit you are using, in the photos it looks like it has only got three guides, very interested to know, p.s. eating out of Hen and chicken is not usually reccomended, but the odd one may be allright, although I wouldnt risk it, just my opinion, good work nice trev.

What is the outfit you are using, in the photos it looks like it has only got three guides, very interested to know, p.s. eating out of Hen and chicken is not usually reccomended, but the odd one may be allright, although I wouldnt risk it, just my opinion, good work nice trev.

hey justin,

the outfit im using is shimano fx 2500 4lb fireline, 6lb mono trace combined with a $15 telescopic rod which only has 3 guides meaning it cant handle much so it was like fighting a big fish on a toy rod.

yeh about the eating fishes at HC. Despite wat tests has shown, i realised that trevs is started to appear in HC, probably meaning it is getting cleaner as you usually dont find them upstream, this is the 2nd time i caught a trev here. So yeh looks clean enough to me, i dont eat from there often anyways.

Eating fish from HC is better than smoking a cigarette which i dont do lol so i guess its good enough for me. :thumbup: