Kurnell Light House

blue marlin

Went out early this morning to get some reds.Went to the usual spot and started to burley had no bites for about 2 hours then got the king which was 68cm,half an hour later got the smaller red on cuttle fish. Lots of runs and some big bust ups and finally got the bigger one.And good to see i only got 1 jacket.

post-2662-1179635706_thumb.jpg

Edited by mrs rzep

Nice catch mate, nice red.

So how did the beer bottle go, put up much of a fight?

Saw a choll of them a few weeks back flaoting round in a current line off botany, they wudnt take anything but.

cheers james

Nice catch mate, nice red.

So how did the beer bottle go, put up much of a fight?

Saw a choll of them a few weeks back flaoting round in a current line off botany, they wudnt take anything but.

cheers james

Burleying with salted nuts sometimes helps. I find just after 5 oclock with chips and dip you can usually score a few.... :074::074:

:drool: What a fine feed of fish! Sounds like a good session - do you think the bust-offs were from larger reds?

Flattieman.

There are some big reds out there at the moment,so i would say they were.

you are killing it nudge :1fishing1: have to get a bigger esky,are you getting any squid lately?

Got some squid during the week.But i got the reds on a cuttle fish i found floating on the way out.

great work nudge! i must have passed you on my way round!

launched at container term! headed to osborn shoal in my attempt to get some reds,(never got 1 legal, never tasted 1, so im on a mission).

couldnt find osborn till daylight as no gps yet! threw some softies caught a pike i think? set him out live, got hammered by big squid, got him in the net.

tried all day with tenticles with no avail!

well calamari was great for dinner!

great work nudge! i must have passed you on my way round!

launched at container term! headed to osborn shoal in my attempt to get some reds,(never got 1 legal, never tasted 1, so im on a mission).

couldnt find osborn till daylight as no gps yet! threw some softies caught a pike i think? set him out live, got hammered by big squid, got him in the net.

tried all day with tenticles with no avail!

well calamari was great for dinner!

Have never caught any reds at osborne try alittle closer in or find the edge of the reef around the light house.What boat where you in?

hey nudge,

I was out on the bay on sunday as well, but wasnt hooking up any snapper that size. Can you tell me where the lighthouse is??? were you fishing within the bay or out past the heads?