Landbased King

hawkeye

Hey Guys and girls my mate and i were fishing our regular spot near Blues Point with 6 lb bream gear when my mate hooked and landed this nice little King went 67 cm to the fork of the tail and put up a great fight on lite gear.

post-2090-1179806594_thumb.jpg post-2090-1179806626_thumb.jpg

Hawkeye

Ps any rough indication how much it might weigh as we had no scales and released it unharmed

Edited by mrs rzep

Mate great catch u got there,thats a nice kingy from the shore it would have put up a top fight

on the 3kg line,usually a 60cm legal king is around the 2kg mark,so your fish there would be at least 3kg

and a bit over that,well done :1fishing1:

Well done..Great catch....i have caught and weighed many kings and it would be around the 2.7 to 3.0 kg mark....thats the average according to my records.......

I have weighed over 20 of them and they all come between those weights

Thanks guys

we guessed around 3 kgs compared to bream/ size weight so thanks for the confirmation

the bait was a hawksbury river prawn we made so much noise during the 15 minute fight people came out of their units to see what was going on and gave a round of applause as it was landed

Hawkeye

Thanks guys

we guessed around 3 kgs compared to bream/ size weight so thanks for the confirmation

the bait was a hawksbury river prawn we made so much noise during the 15 minute fight people came out of their units to see what was going on and gave a round of applause as it was landed

Hawkeye

thats the best thing that can happen to you wen people applause you for teh great fight u had.

good job mate!