Weekend Away For A Group

ando

Hi All,

I'm trying to organise a weekend (2 nights) for a group of approx 10-12 guys. Does anyone know a good place to accomodate this amount of people where we can enjoy a few drinks :beersmile: and wet a line :1fishing1: (freshwater or saltwater is fine). The accomodation doesn't have to be 5 star. As long as it can accomodate a group with no worries then let me know. The location would have to be no longer than 4 hours drive from sydney. I'm looking at the end of winter so please indicate if campfires are allowed or the accomodation has internal heating.

Does this place have a website i can look at?

Thanks,

Mark

Edited by ando

Hi Ando

I guess it depends on what sort of fishing you want to do - shore based or boats (your own or rented or charter!) Fishraider's last 2 socials were at The ENtrance & FOrster & both times we stayed at caravan parks virtually right on the water! They all have cabins available to hire & FOrster has shops, restaurants & pub within easy walking distance whilst the Entrance you would have to go over the bridge, but still an easy 10-15min walk. If there are a few staying in each cabin, the cost becomes very reasonable!

Forster also has hire boats & charter boats available within walking distance & plenty of rock walls & beaches to fish - bait or lure - anything from whiting & bream thru to jewies. I heard a rumour that some guys caught a soapie jew last night on live worms & was busted off twice by bigger ones, at the end of the Blackie SOcial! Forster would be on the 'edge' of your 4hr drive - closer to 3 1/2hr if you stick to the speed limit (we travel slower in our VW Campervan & do it in 4)

Cheers

Roberta

i would agree with roberta and go with the entrance. I would also suggest that you stay right

http://www.dunleithtouristpark.com.au/

here it is where we had the raiders stay its right on the water and its a short walk to the beach for salmon/jewis or you can fish the entrance channel for some monster flatties ive seen caught there. Its a very nice park too, not sure bout internall heating.

Cheers,

Brad

lake glenbawn

bass fishing capital of nsw

cheap self contained accomodation next to the lake and 5 minute drive to the boat ramp

dont go if there are not boats spots for all cause its no good land based