Getting Jiggy With The Kings

sycmate2

Looking to get out for my first trip from the sydney heads to a couple of reefs. Need some confidence here and a couple of tips or others wanting to join in another boat. Probably going out next tuesday. What areas out of sydney harbour firing that amature could tackle first up??

The seas are only going to be 1.5 metres next week, so it is a lot less than 5 metres, but unless you have a decent size boat you will be staying inside the Harbour.

The water is currently brown and there is a lot of debris coming through, so you had better be careful. They are also predicting rain for the next week, and if Pete is around, expect a downpour. :1badmood:

I would put it off until the next week.

Cheers

Greg

hey mate are you looking at going jigging for kings or just dropping live baits down???you may ask me many questions about jigging of sydney,i jig a fare bit of sydney and i no were the kings would be,i have japanese mates that i go out with every sunday that are loaded with jigging in there brain....if you have jigging gear what outfits do you have???? :1prop:

Hi All,

I am going out off-shore off Sydney hopefully to jig up my 1st big king in a few week's from now and i am just wondering Is or are there any certain brand(s),size(s) (weight's) and colour or colour's of the jigs that i should take with me?? any tips, pointers or advice greatly appreciated

fisherman_Sam, it all depends on how deep the water is that you’re jigging in. I use no less than 250g jigs when jigging in 100-130m of water. If you only want to buy a couple of jigs, you can't go past the Daiwa Sacrifice Stick Jig. This is how one of my mags describes the jigs. I hope this helps.

A versatile bottom jigging lure for a broad variety of game fish. The unique shape creates a slow fluttering on the sink while shoulders cause the bait to swim when retrieved. Detailed prism scale finish and 3-D eyes. The lure's "Wing" shape creates a slow, fluttering action on the sink for greater time in the strike zone. It also reduces cranking resistance on the retrieve

post-4308-1182159802_thumb.jpg

Hi All,

I am going out off-shore off Sydney hopefully to jig up my 1st big king in a few week's from now and i am just wondering Is or are there any certain brand(s),size(s) (weight's) and colour or colour's of the jigs that i should take with me?? any tips, pointers or advice greatly appreciated

Mate as mentioned the daiwa jigs are among the best, There is also a few other brands that arent bad....

Smith make some good Jigs that are used in Japan alot . SW LAB also make some great jigs but i hear that they have closed down now....

River2sea have a good range of jigs, these are a cheaper more affordable option in comparison to the Daiwas.

Zest also has a good range....

I think when jigging its just a matter of having a good variety and giving them a try

Edited by netic