Browns Mountain

aussie big bob

this may sound a bit amature-ish, but as far as this type of fishing is concerned i am an amature!

wouldn't it be easier if you had it hooked on a sort of snap system similar to out or downriggers. this way once you're on they snap loose and you don't have to bring it up with you?

if they're only costing 75 cents, who cares if you lose a few ?

just a thought

this may sound a bit amature-ish, but as far as this type of fishing is concerned i am an amature!

wouldn't it be easier if you had it hooked on a sort of snap system similar to out or downriggers. this way once you're on they snap loose and you don't have to bring it up with you?

if they're only costing 75 cents, who cares if you lose a few ?

just a thought

Good idea for snags (not the eating type) as well.

Depending on the current that's what I do. Get to the bottom, strike, then the 6lb trace to the sinker snaps.

However, when the winch comes in there will be no need for it as it will be a hell of a lot easier winding up with two hands :biggrin2:

IFS

I think they are a little too thick. The more streamlined they are the better IMO.

anthony

you could be right but i belive in one thing, that if it takes 45seconds longer to hit the bottom then i am willing to wait. B)

it is all about cost.As i dont realy want the sinker on my retrieve.

So the cost of the sinker is the most important thing to me not the time.

But would also like to let you know that mk2 is on its way and the size will be smaller and weight well be around the 3kg mark and the cost to be lowered as well :thumbup:

cheers

bob

Guest Big-Banana

anthony

you could be right but i belive in one thing, that if it takes 45seconds longer to hit the bottom then i am willing to wait. B)

it is all about cost.As i dont realy want the sinker on my retrieve.

So the cost of the sinker is the most important thing to me not the time.

But would also like to let you know that mk2 is on its way and the size will be smaller and weight well be around the 3kg mark and the cost to be lowered as well :thumbup:

cheers

bob

It depends who you speak to, there are a lot of cheap variations out there. It just takes a bit of ingenuity.

We've got an electric winch, so I guess it doesn't affect me much...

It depends who you speak to, there are a lot of cheap variations out there. It just takes a bit of ingenuity.

We've got an electric winch, so I guess it doesn't affect me much...

ANTHONY

I have an electric reel but when i lose a sinker that i dont want.

The electric reel does not seem to make it any cheaper

cheers

Bob

• 3 weeks later...

nice sinkers there bob.

do you reckon you could share with us how you go about making those suckers?

it would benefit a lot of people and i for one would be very grateful for your help :)

Hi there Nathan

i am sorry it took so long to reply but here are a few photo's of the sinker maker

by using this mould set up you can make sinkers from 2 to 6 kg

and the big casting shadow in the last photo is me. hence the user name ( aussie big bob )

any more beers making these sinkers and i might have to change it to ( aussie huge bob )

cheers

bob

post-2934-1184489048_thumb.jpg

post-2934-1185090289_thumb.jpg

post-2934-1185090452_thumb.jpg

Edited by aussie big bob

Hi there Nathan

i am sorry it took so long to reply but here are a few photo's of the sinker maker

by using this mould set up you can make sinkers from 2 to 6 kg

and the big casting shadow in the last photo is me. hence the user name ( aussie big bob )

any more beers making these sinkers and i might have to change it to ( aussie huge bob )

cheers

bob

• 2 weeks later...