Blackfish In Murky Water

labrador

Absolutely, Scout!! I've been fishing murky water for a week now & getting into some nice ones!! You may just need to try different depths & distance out from where you are fishing till you 'find' the depth they are feeding or travelling thru! Yesterday, I was fishing about 20ft out & over 10ft deep in the estuary here in Forster, whereas most folk fish about 5-10ft out & about 5-8ft deep! Ya gotta be game & try something different to find 'em!

Cheers

Roberta

I was thinking of trying for some at deer park this weekend since I'll be there anyway. Any raiders had success in port hacking near deer park for blackfish? Also I'm not sure where I'm going to get weed so any help on that would be good too.

It seems like you have to go deeper when the coffee water + debris are about... although last week there were some fish splashing about the surface on dusk in the georges river when I was walking around.

hey guys and girls, i was fishing just outside jb about 4 weeks ago off the rocks for blackies and i saw the most amazing thing... it was blackies feeding on the surface. they were chopping the burley that we had thrown in, now when i say i saw them i dont just mean 3-4 i mean i saw a school of 200-300 fish. it was a huge black patch of them on top of the water. so what did we do???? shallowed up out stoppers to the top of our floats and shortened our traces and threw straight into the school. the three of us all bagged out within an hour and a half so after that it was catch and release. i would say we let go just as many as we kept. then the wind came up and we headed home. it was a long walk home and it made it alot harder carrying out 60 fish.

Absolutely, Scout!! I've been fishing murky water for a week now & getting into some nice ones!! You may just need to try different depths & distance out from where you are fishing till you 'find' the depth they are feeding or travelling thru! Yesterday, I was fishing about 20ft out & over 10ft deep in the estuary here in Forster, whereas most folk fish about 5-10ft out & about 5-8ft deep! Ya gotta be game & try something different to find 'em!

Cheers

Roberta

Thanks Roberta, I will definitely try this weekend and hopefully post a nice report on Monday.

Ciao,

Scout