Location Location Location

aussie big bob

Hi there fellow raiders

I visit this site approximately 3 to 4 times a day and love it :yahoo:

But there's one thing that I have noticed is that there are quite a few raiders that have not put in there location in there user pro file.

So when I read topics or replies that say things like up here, down here or out here. Where is here

I know I could simply tie up the forum to ask where is here

But I really do think that if raiders filled in there location on joining this would probably get them more answers to some of there question as other fisho's would know what location they are in.

Should this be compulsory at joining?

Just my thoughts

Cheers

Bob

Yes Bob it would help is some cases

If people do NOT wish to disclose there area that is there choice to do so.

You can also take it on another way,If you see where they are from you might not be bothered replying.

Not saying any Fishraider would do such a thing, I would hope not.

we are all in this sport/recreation activity together.

As much info on any topic helps even not at that time,Later you may remember and that info has helped

We all learn something every day during our daily lives.

Edited by johnno

Bob I appreciate it when there is a location so I can

get an idea of where people come from, especially

when there are questions related to areas to fish and

tackle to use as this can vary by location

Given that we have Raiders from all over now rather

than just Sydney general and out to Wollongong &

Newcastle, I like to find out more about the other members

just a social thing

It's not that hard and you don't have to give your suburb

just a general area would be nice

Having said that there is always the chance of someone

using public forums for their own gain hence you should

always blank out rego plates on vehicles and trailers in

pics that are posted IMO

The choice is yours in the end, just join in and enjoy :thumbup:

Chris

it would very helpful for when ppl ask for advice. . . but leave it upto the person

individually as its there decision to give away there personal info. . . although i think

a suburb isnt to personal, some ppl do so i guess we have to respect there decision

as to the info thye give out.

Yep, I read this post a little while ago and thought nothing of it till last night on Fishraider.

There were a few blokes that I probably could have answered questions to a lot better if I knew their whereabouts or for that matter, even their age !

Classic example, There are a couple of lads that need a second job- started a thread in "The Bar"

We are in need of some help at the moment as the tree business is flat out.

I am also a director of our local RSL and slotting them into some shift work is highly possible.

Problem 1. They have no location in their profiles.

Problem 2. How bloody old are they????

Anyway, thats my 2 cents worth!

Cheers,

Stumpy

if somebody really wants help in this type of medium, then isn't it up to them to provide the information that will benefit them, like what river, bay etc they expect information from?

btw, does anyone know any good spots round my way? :1prop:

Hmmmm interesting topic this one!!! I remember having a chat about it a while back with a few other raiders/mods, etc.

At the time that I discussed this with the other members etc, I was recieving PM after PM from others on this site! Now I dont have a drama responding to these messages, I love doing so "BUT" in most circumstances these people had diddle squat in their profile. It felt like I was talking to a alien from outer space not a person!!! Not a very social way of communicating. First names are great!

Like stumpy my 2cents. And Ive amended my profile in line with others

All the best

Dan

D&G

PS At the end of the day people disclose what they want about themselves that why we post the way we do!

Edited by Dan and Greg

I tend to rotate the "from" part of my profile......I started out from Fairfield.....then ended from the South West and now i am from my boat...........its just a bit of fun.......

I understand why some people might wanna keep there location quiet and its there perogative......

I understand why some people might wanna keep there location quiet and its there perogative......

Out of interest Netic, for the life of me, I can't figure why excluding the region where you live could be a worry to the average fisho.

I've tried to look at the "fors" and "againsts" and I keep drawing a blank!

Surely it isn't a "security issue", and its not as though they can look up "Netic" living in Fairfield in the whitepages!

Look at it this way.....

Lets say you an I had a disagreement on here...a big one....and one of us wanted to take it further...

I have posted numerous photos of myself on reports so im easily identifiable.....

If i said say eschol park...i relatively small suburb.....that person could frequent the shops etc in that area and find me....

Just as an example.......I have nothing to hide, as i said i have change my location a few times, what im saying is it is up to the person.....An i would say that admin agrees with me seeing as they didnt make it compulsory.

Look at it this way.....

Lets say you an I had a disagreement on here...a big one....and one of us wanted to take it further...

I have posted numerous photos of myself on reports so im easily identifiable.....

If i said say eschol park...i relatively small suburb.....that person could frequent the shops etc in that area and find me....

Just as an example.......I have nothing to hide, as i said i have change my location a few times, what im saying is it is up to the person.....An i would say that admin agrees with me seeing as they didnt make it compulsory.

fair point Netic.

I am to ugly to bother though.

i suppose if people want info, they should give as much as they need to in the thread.