Reddies

Buster and co

post-4783-1182586546_thumb.jpgHi All,

Long time reader, first time poster.

Like some others here I have been going a bit stir crazy not being able to get out for a fish the last few weeks due to the weather, so was very glad to have blue skies and moderating seas today.

Slipped the boat in at Parsley bay and made my way outside keeping a good look out for floaters. Some of the logs that have been dragged out of the river recently could bring my little boat to a very sudden stop.

Anchored up on Boultons and got a couple of lines in. :1fishing1: I had hoped the bump would bring the snapper on and they didn't disappoint, the first one coming over the side after about ten minutes, followed soon after by the knobby headed one. The rest followed in steady succession. Knocked off about midday with an esky full of fish and a smile on my dial. :biggrin2:

Final score for the day five snapper and one tailor. Seeing the whales again was just a bonus.

Cheers,

Rick

Nice Reds Buster. Well done, but holding out for a bag like that before posting is cheating big time. :thumbup: and enjoy your posting.

Look forward to more reports.

Boultons must have liked the spell.

Top Work Rick, what size weight/length did the big one go. Did the LJs show up or hopefully there Gone now. Good report Buddy Cheers Dave

Thanks for the welcome Dave. Don't know the length but he weighed 1.7kg

Glad to report all traces intact and no leatherjackets about. Hope it lasts.

Cheers,

Rick

Thanks for the welcome Dave. Don't know the length but he weighed 1.7kg

Glad to report all traces intact and no leatherjackets about. Hope it lasts.

Cheers,

Rick

A 1.7 kg red is a very nice fish indeed. You must have been pretty happy seeing it come over the side. Don't they feel good on the line?

:1welcomeani: Rick.

Great bag of reds.

Did you get them on floaters or on the bottom?

No finesse I have to admit. Just the old fashioned way with a pillie and a big chunk of lead.

Works O.K. as long as there's no chinamen about. When they turn up, the amount of lead it's possible to leave on the bottom makes shares in BHP look like an attractive option. :1prop:

wow. if boultons is in sydney, then for sydney waters that is an awesome effort :thumbup:

i dunno but there's something special about snapper that makes them different from any other fish

especially when they start getting bumpy heads :)

Boultons is straight out in front of Palm Beach basically. Easy to get to from Pittwater and Broken Bay which is why it cops a hammering. Last couple of trips though it has produced better than East or West Reefs which seem to pull dirtier water out of the river. On my last visit to Boultons a couple of weeks ago I was boat number 8 and more arrived after me.

Didn't catch anything like Buster & co's bag though. Again, an impressive catch.

Very, very jealous Buster.