A Bit Bumpy At Dee Why Widw This Morning

saltrix

Headed out this morning in pretty heavy rain with a fair bit of chop once outside, but I thought I would persevere as it was supposed to get better.

The rain stopped but it was still windy and choppy. Too much for a good drift but I managed a couple of good mowies plus one resonable flathead and one smaller. Even caught a sweep which is my favourite eating fish.

Got a run of just legal, & just under snapper but put them all back to grow a bit.

post-3961-1182753278_thumb.jpg

Edited by saltrix

You should have been out there on Sunday when seven of us caught 73 sweep and then moved further north to Long Reef where we got 25 flathead and 5 snapper and a few sundries. The Bureau of Mythology got it wrong on the swell forecast as we encountered only a one metre bump.

The best news was that we encountered very few leatheries - about time!!

nice catch Saltrix.

Did you manage to get yourself a partner for the day? Did you try over at Long reef at all.

Cheers

Dan

No, went out on my own, it was too bumpy to go to Long Reef, it was really too bumpy to go outside, not big but like a washing machine.

I usually go to Long Reef and anchor up and burley if the drift is no good but I couldnt do that this morning.

Cant believe you couldnt find a buddy sultrix. I was dying to have a go with you but had to look after some kids today. I will keep my eye out for your next post when you might be heading out again.

Great work to get out there today though.

Rocky

I know a few people who like to eat them. Others that love grilling slimey's too.

Once upon a time, people in this country wouldn't eat octopus or squid......different folks, different strokes.

Like me, I don't like eating fish or any other type of seafood.

Is this a gee-up or what?

You eat sweep? :puke:

I dont know what a fish eater would not like about sweep, I mean the larger sea size about 500gms, bleed them and ice them straight away, at home dont scale them just fillet and skin them and cut the bones out. The flesh is firm and white with a nice flavour.

Saltrix