Gladesville/huntershill/lanecove?

nargse1

Hi All,

Just joined yesterday, so this is my first post.

after seeing nargse1's post, I thought maybe it is a good idea to share my secret fishing spots in Hunter hills/landcove river area and how to catch some quality bream(ie catching > 40cm bream on regular basis).

I've been fishing those spots for almost 10 yers, 1-2 bream on a bad day and > 5 bream on a good day. I only fish there for about 2hrs each time.

Personal best 3 x 45cm bream and a total of 9 bream in 30mins from those two spots.

Will post the detail later today as to where and how....

FYI - I practice catch and release ......

cheers

Edited by fish4fun

Hi Nargse1,

I have been fishing Clarkes Point for a while now, and this time of the year blackfish is the main menu. I heard from a friend that people been catching trevs, tailors and breams over there in the late afternoon.

Just thought you might try the place.

Good luck,

Scout

Hi All,

Here are the details that you guys have been waiting for ……….

Where:

There are two places that I fish in Hunter Hills for the last 10 years …..

1. at the end of Gale St. you will see a grass area on the right near the water.(Not the grass area at the end of the road!!). There is private jetty/pontoon within the cast distance, about 5-10m from where you stand.

a. How – this is the trick ….. there is no need to cast that far out… the key is the location(sure you have heard it before). You have to cast as close to the pylon as possible(under the foot path before the jetty/pontoon even better)….my favourite spot is right in between 1st and 2nd pylons(that’s right, it is only 1-2m from the break wall). I have pulled out a 42cm bream between the wall and the 1st pylon. When there is bright sun light, cast close to the pontoon, so when the bait sinks, it is right under the pontoon.

b. Tide – this is the key ……. Only works on the going out tide, not low, not high, not coming in. ONLY going out(you will see an eddie forming)!!

c. Bait – using unweighted pilchard with 1/0 hook.

d. Risk – the problem of fishing there is you will get snag 40% of the time, but hey, fish are there(mostly large bream!!) Also, if you don’t stop the fish within the first 5 sec, it will be VERY difficult to bring it back as the fish swim towards the other side of the jetty.

e. Line – 8lb is good, 6lb even better, NO more than 8lb, otherwise, you might not get a bite at all.

f. Don’t move your body too much as fish can “see” you, since we fish so close …. They don’t grow that big for no reason!!

2. Alexandra st wharf at the end of Alexandra st in Hunter hills –

a. You only fish there on the high tide on the left hand side of the jetty. You guessed, you cast toward the shore on the sand flat. When the tide is high, bream will move to the sand flat to search for crabs and worms. You want to catch the ones that are searching for food on sand flat, not the ones sit in the deep end(Reason…..they will take any bait they can find on the sand flat).

b. Methods and equipment – same as above.

I hope this can help people who are interested in the area, whether you just want to have a bit of fun on light line or just have feed once a while ……

Season – all year round !! Summer is the best time, winter less fish but BIGGER fish …

That’s just keep this between you and me ….. :thumbup:

• Like 1

Hi All,

Here are the details that you guys have been waiting for ……….

Where:

There are two places that I fish in Hunter Hills for the last 10 years …..

1. at the end of Gale St. you will see a grass area on the right near the water.(Not the grass area at the end of the road!!). There is private jetty/pontoon within the cast distance, about 5-10m from where you stand.

a. How – this is the trick ….. there is no need to cast that far out… the key is the location(sure you have heard it before). You have to cast as close to the pylon as possible(under the foot path before the jetty/pontoon even better)….my favourite spot is right in between 1st and 2nd pylons(that’s right, it is only 1-2m from the break wall). I have pulled out a 42cm bream between the wall and the 1st pylon. When there is bright sun light, cast close to the pontoon, so when the bait sinks, it is right under the pontoon.

b. Tide – this is the key ……. Only works on the going out tide, not low, not high, not coming in. ONLY going out(you will see an eddie forming)!!

c. Bait – using unweighted pilchard with 1/0 hook.

d. Risk – the problem of fishing there is you will get snag 40% of the time, but hey, fish are there(mostly large bream!!) Also, if you don’t stop the fish within the first 5 sec, it will be VERY difficult to bring it back as the fish swim towards the other side of the jetty.

e. Line – 8lb is good, 6lb even better, NO more than 8lb, otherwise, you might not get a bite at all.

f. Don’t move your body too much as fish can “see” you, since we fish so close …. They don’t grow that big for no reason!!

2. Alexandra st wharf at the end of Alexandra st in Hunter hills –

a. You only fish there on the high tide on the left hand side of the jetty. You guessed, you cast toward the shore on the sand flat. When the tide is high, bream will move to the sand flat to search for crabs and worms. You want to catch the ones that are searching for food on sand flat, not the ones sit in the deep end(Reason…..they will take any bait they can find on the sand flat).

b. Methods and equipment – same as above.

I hope this can help people who are interested in the area, whether you just want to have a bit of fun on light line or just have feed once a while ……

Season – all year round !! Summer is the best time, winter less fish but BIGGER fish …

That’s just keep this between you and me ….. :thumbup:

Detailed report there F4F, thanks.

thanks guys.

went Roseville last night. heaps of tailor round and easy to catch. seen a baby ray cruise past. put two tailor on live. one big pull and spat out. apart from the 4hours or so of nothing.

using plastics and lures....

went putney boat ramp tonite for an hour and one flattie and same again nothing :05:

any ideas?do plastics work in winter,night etc??????? any types to use?

hi all,

Have posted my trade secret yesterday and I have so far shown a few people how it is done and they were all happy about the result :yahoo: .

Would be great if people can give me a feedback as to how they go in those two spots when they have a chance….

:thumbup:

hi all,

Have posted my trade secret yesterday and I have so far shown a few people how it is done and they were all happy about the result :yahoo: .

Would be great if people can give me a feedback as to how they go in those two spots when they have a chance….

ive fished the end of alexandra street wharf many times as a kid and always got a few bream and chopper

went there a couple of months ago and managed a little flatty and a couple chopper

i went down onto the shore and casted around the big boats moored

got follows from bream but no takes :thumbdown:

also i went to the place just around the corner (i think the other place u mentioned)

i got hits but no hookup. didnt stay long i had to go home :(

mite give them another go sometime then thx

hi all,

Hi F4F,

Went to your Spot X & Y this morning it was running out so I didn't stay at spot y (alexandra wharf, is that alright to call that spot y?). Went to spot x (gale st.) threw some unweighted pillie, I am getting nibbles but no takers, must be leather jackets, I couldn't throw under the jetty coz there is a tinny there and the rope is tied from the back of it to the shore and is parallel to the jetty. Damn must be my unlucky day. You are right I can see eddy forming in there and looks very promising. Did not stay long because the wind started howling and also the sun is right in my eyes looking the jetty. But as Arnold say "I'll be back".

Thanks again F4F for your generosity, forever grateful.

Scout

I tried Gale St this morning around 10AM, good tide, running

Hi Guys,

I went fishing yesterday early morning at Parramatta with a friend and we managed to land 4 bream in 1.5 hrs. Not a very good day as there is too much fresh water. But it was fun for a quick session.

Tom(Lurespinner) – I have never really tried sp before in those two places, but I can’t see why it shouldn’t work. In alexandra street wharf, I tend to cast close to where the rock wall(say 3-4 m away from it). The other good spot is on the right hand side of the jetty(just when you walk on the to jetty, look right, there is a pontoon(3m from the backyard of the one-store house). When tide is high, you may find few good size bream under it.

Scout – what size of bait did you use? Did you use big bait? I usually cut pilchard into 2-3 pieces. Each piece is about 4cm long……the bites that you were talking about were choppers……..you don’t get many chopper bites if you cast between 1st and 2nd pylons.

Once the water settle down(at the moment, too mush fresh water), you should be able to get some quality bream from those two places.

Cheers

just one more thing ...... best time to fish is before 9am or after 3pm.....need to consider the tide as well....usually windy day is no good.

if you can't cast close to the potoon at gale st, then use the current to carry your bait to the right location.

anyway can't think of anything else...... :1prop:

hey fellow raiders,

Anyone fish any of these areas with baits? Any spots? baits? what we are likely to catch? time of year?etc etc :15:

UP AROUND THE PARK ON THE BEND OF THE RIVER ON THE TURN OF THE TIDE LOW TO HIGH

GOOD PRAWNS NOT SERVO ONES ALSO CHICKEN BREAST FOR THUMPER BREAM ABOUT THIS TIME OF

YEAR

HAVE FUN GOOD LUCK :1fishing1: