South Coast Snapper

Croydon

post-4525-1183105692_thumb.jpgG'day folks,

I'm one of the many new members to join the fun here on FR. I've been having a ball reading the posts over the past few weeks and thought that it was about time I got off my butt and joined in.

I live at Batemans Bay and attached (I hope) is a sample of the snapper we were catching just before the big rains. With any luck it will be a baby compared to those after the seas settle. I picked it up on a live yakka in about 30m of water. Didn't weigh it didn't measure it, but it fed five hungry mouths. Got to love those south coast snapper....

If your down this way, drop me a line and I might be able to point you in the right direction. All the best and love the site!!

Nice Red and welcome to the forums.

If you think the forums are great now, wait until we all get back on the water and start catching some fish !!!

Everyone is chomping at the bit, waiting to get amounst them.

It's good to see a few reports filtering in, which relieves the borecom of sitting at work or home.

Cheers

Greg

Thanks for greeting and it's nice to be part of the fun. Yeah it was a great eating fish, but just before the bad weather arrived it was'nt unusual to pick up a few. Here's a couple more to keep the wind and rain at bay. Can't wait for a decent day at sea!!

post-4525-1183109852_thumb.jpg

post-4525-1183105692_thumb.jpgG'day folks,

I'm one of the many new members to join the fun here on FR. I've been having a ball reading the posts over the past few weeks and thought that it was about time I got off my butt and joined in.

I live at Batemans Bay and attached (I hope) is a sample of the snapper we were catching just before the big rains. With any luck it will be a baby compared to those after the seas settle. I picked it up on a live yakka in about 30m of water. Didn't weigh it didn't measure it, but it fed five hungry mouths. Got to love those south coast snapper....

If your down this way, drop me a line and I might be able to point you in the right direction. All the best and love the site!!

:1welcomeani: Croydon,top photo- nice snapper and welook forward to seeing more. :thumbup:

Awesome fish those snapper. Can't wait to feel that thump on the end of my line - one day. I'm out there this morning so you just never know. Hopefully you've let a few swim past on their way to Sydney.

Cheers,

Stipo

Welcome Croyden, great first report, keep em coming buddy. Cheers Dave

Thanks Dave, I love your boat! Been looking at the Cougarcraft's for a while now and very impressed. I'm thinking about upgrading from my 5m Seafarer but not sure if i can go that big. Interested in these, the barcrusher and stabicraft. Not sure which way to go. I'd like something about the 6 to 6.5m mark but don't want to buy another tow vehicle. I've got a medium sized 4WD and don't want to go to the expense of changing cars.

Waiting for the Sydney boat show to get a few more ideas...............Cheers..

Thanks Dave, I love your boat! Been looking at the Cougarcraft's for a while now and very impressed. I'm thinking about upgrading from my 5m Seafarer but not sure if i can go that big. Interested in these, the barcrusher and stabicraft. Not sure which way to go. I'd like something about the 6 to 6.5m mark but don't want to buy another tow vehicle. I've got a medium sized 4WD and don't want to go to the expense of changing cars.

Waiting for the Sydney boat show to get a few more ideas...............Cheers..

Hi Croydon , The 6.4 Cougar Craft Hard Top comes in around 1800kgs on trailer with mech brakes, definately worth a look buddy , as design and construction with input from owner to builder during build is something that others just wont do. I tow my 6.9m with a Territory at around 2500kgs fully loaded. Cheers Dave.

Hi Croydon , The 6.4 Cougar Craft Hard Top comes in around 1800kgs on trailer with mech brakes, definately worth a look buddy , as design and construction with input from owner to builder during build is something that others just wont do. I tow my 6.9m with a Territory at around 2500kgs fully loaded. Cheers Dave.

Thanks Dave, they are an awesome fishing machine as posted on their site. I sent the guys at Cougarcraft a message the other day and will give them a call to see what they may be able to do for me. I really need to see a few boats in the flesh before I make a decision. All the best with your boat.....