Cold Harbor Sunday

GregL

Cold, very cold and shivering.

That's how I felt on Sunday morning.

NO big boys out to play today and only pulled the camera out once.

Here is a pick of a treva I jigged up bouncing a lure off the bottom next to a marina wall.

post-3563-1183339441_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Greg

Edited by GregL

Ta guys, it sure gave a good battle on 4lb line and leader!

Fishing with good gear surely helps giving you the confidence in long drawn out battles on light line.

Sharky the jig was a tinny baby vib fished in 27ft of water.

Thanks Davy. I have some more footage at home, have to pull my finger out and cut it into a movie. Been putting a Cape York one together ATM from all my trips put together. I'll post a link up when I'm done.

Cheers

G

Edited by GregL

Nice work Greg.

We got a hanful of fish and i got an OK trev but the cold wind was enough and we were off the water around 1pm. I had enough of the weather.

We saw you coming back out of spotx, I guess thats where you got smoked a couple of times and damn your boat is camoflauged now without a wrap on it

Heading out again this weekend are you?

Cheers

Lee

Nice detective work guys. The background is Abbortsford and yep I got the trev at Cabarita Marina.

I don't mind telling you guys where I catch my fish but you are going to have to guess first :biggrin2:

If I get any in 1 of my tournement areas I will just take th pic on an angle that will delete the background. Well it will give you guys something to do when you look at my posts, pick Greg's spots :thumbup:

Yeah Lee that damn cold wind just cuts threw near anything. I wore my wet weather gear most of the day so it was bearable. I saw you to as we were leaving my lunch time area. It was to damn cold to peel prawns and crack crabs. I had to settle with the Kbab from Birkenhead instead.

It's nice acually not having a wrapped boat. I'm not really the type of person that likes the attention a wrapped boat gets.

This year I'm not fishing as a sponsored team. Boats now paid for so I don't need to take on a sponsor to cover some costs. Plus I like to use what ever I want to use without pissing companies off.

Guys if you have any questions on breming I'm happy to help as much as my knowledge extends. Very happy to help any people at want to start or try it. Just pop me a PM and I'll do my best.

Cheers

Greg

It's nice acually not having a wrapped boat. I'm not really the type of person that likes the attention a wrapped boat gets

Lets just say that on the water from a distance you cannot see your boat. I like the colours as they blend in very very well with the water, but having said that at full noise with a 8 mile high rooster tail you do stand out.

Yes where you saw us heading we got kicked out of that area pretty quickly. Its getting harder and harder to find unique spots that have not been flogged and when you do find them you get kicked out :1badmood: ahh well its all good.

Guys if you have any questions on breming I'm happy to help as much as my knowledge extends. Very happy to help any people at want to start or try it. Just pop me a PM and I'll do my best.

That’s a pretty good offer Greg. I want to try it, please help me !

Cheers

Lee

Wow, that is one monster trevally!! Did you know from experience that you had hooked up a trevally or did you think you had a gigantic bream at the end of the line! Just curious to know if there is a difference in the fight as I've never caught trevally on lures before.

Thanks for your offer to share your experience. Am taking up your suggestion on trying waders to get to deeper water on another post. In the mean time, I'll just keep checking your reports ...

Cheers mate!

It's nice acually not having a wrapped boat. I'm not really the type of person that likes the attention a wrapped boat gets.

This year I'm not fishing as a sponsored team. Boats now paid for so I don't need to take on a sponsor to cover some costs. Plus I like to use what ever I want to use without pissing companies off.

Sold enough toasters have we Mr Lee :thumbup:

Nice blurter by the way

Cheers

Mitch

Hi Mitch

I have changed jobs now, I'm no longer a toaster buyer :yahoo:

My card now says I'm a compliance manager, what ever that means! :biggrin2:

Pmak

That's a good question.

At first call I called it as a small jew but when it didnt wipe me out on the marina I called it as a BIG treva. Soon as it started circling after the first run I just knew it was a treva but that didn't stop me hopeing it was going to be a kickass bream tho!

This one would have been treva number 10 at least from that 1 single spot.

(second arm from the north eastern corner of the marina at the end)

Give it a go next time you pass it. Just make sure your lure hits the bottom and use a sharp lift drop retrieve with plenty of pause.

Greg

Top winter trevva there greg!

I remember fishing that marina and rocking up beside you when you had that boat with a 60hp tiller steer. That was back in the day when we were allowed to fish inside that damn marina!

A bit random and delayed, but i think i left my shoes in your boat at the last abt. Oops :1prop:

DAN