My Recent Activities

henryinnis

Hey Raiders,

Dad and I have been out separately and together over the past few weeks.... Havnt made a report for a while so I thought i might....

2 weeks ago, dad picked up a jew in our spot x (55cm)....

Last week 50 cm flattie, 3 jews for dad...

Numerous bream, whiting and catfish of the peir

Now for today....

Went out at midday to catch some yakka's and then fish the run up tide till dark.... Hit the yakka's to BIG surging waves, which were forcing us rather close to the rocks :thumbdown: .... Still mnagaed to pick up 15 yakka's and only 2 crap (sweep) :thumbup: ... The day was off to a gd start.

Nevertheless, we tried the FLINT AND sTEEL FOR ZIP. if anyone has the co-ordinates for GPS that would be great, cos we sometimes get the reef and sometimes dont. Anyway, 1 flounder was caught.

We then tried the road bridge, again for zip.... Ah well, not a good day, we usually pick up a flattie or something :ranting2: ...

Henry

Hey Henry

Nothing ventured, nothing gained!! Good on you for trying! Well done on getting the yakkas & other bits! Better than nothing!

Better luck next time - have you watched the Jewfish Secrets video? Brilliant!~! All based around the Hawkesbury

Cheerio

Roberta

Guest Reely

Henry the reef is about 100m X 100m other palces have weed and sand bottom, or mud, try fishing closer tothe marker where it drops offs or further out into the channel, i have found both these spots really productive at different stages of the tide.

I would like to give you the marks but my old mate won't give me back my GPS which had the mark for the cave at the Steel, unfortunately no longer. It was a spot you could sit at and catch Jews all day long! I know another person thathad it but wiped his card in his GPS s thats gone too!

Yeah, I can vouch for that DVD too, it does gove you some good hints, but of course everyone has their secret spots which noone gives up until they are on their death bed!

I was lucky enough to know an older gentlemen who told me of a super spot for Jew. Further inland towards spencer. Really nice drop off - it rarely fails. I have picked up lots of nice Jew here. Obviously I cannot give up the whereabouts of this spot as I am not on deaths door yet - I am still too young!

I suppose the moral of the story is..... make sure that you make friends with people when you are out on the water. You never know when you might get lucky and find an old senile guy that will give up his gun spots!!!!

ha ha ha

Guest Reely

Mr A, the biggest jews i have EVER seen in my life came up from that part of the river your talking about, i seen photos of 3, 105lb-130lb fish hanging up by rope in a shed, black and white photos. They were caught around Hayelkele;';'s Reach, to this day i have not seen a bigger jew in my life come from Aus waters. This is a top place to fish but there are many many small jews in the area also. Lots of Eels and other ooglies. All the best everyone fishing up that way.

Kamil

Hi Henry,

Sounds like you guys have been doing alright but i think your dad is out fishing you there mate with three jews in the bag recently. Cant let the old fella outfish you mate. LOL

I dont really know the Hawksbury otherwise i"d give up my spots to you.

How you going on the downrigger?

All the best.

Mr A, the biggest jews i have EVER seen in my life came up from that part of the river your talking about, i seen photos of 3, 105lb-130lb fish hanging up by rope in a shed, black and white photos. They were caught around Hayelkele;';'s Reach, to this day i have not seen a bigger jew in my life come from Aus waters. This is a top place to fish but there are many many small jews in the area also. Lots of Eels and other ooglies. All the best everyone fishing up that way.

Kamil

hi reely, do you know if there is any chance of those black and white photos of 100 - 130lb jewies were of fish that were actually caught at spencer?

used to jewie with my older son greg at ma hanna's at spencer and we'd stay in the old boat shed she used to let for five bucks a head. lot's of kiwis backpackers stayed their for some reason. could be the price and reports of the size of the fish having spread to new zealand. :biggrin2:

ma hanna was near 80 then and had many a yarn to tell about huge jewies being caught at spencer

she had black and white pictures of old man hanna with monsters bigger than him proudly displayed in the old boat shed.

big animals from spencer often hit the newspapers and won reels and new caps and all sorts of things.

it may not be the same at spencer anymore but must go up there again some day

thanks

jewgaffer

fish on :1fishing1:

Edited by jewgaffer

Guest Reely

Jewgaffer sorry but these pics were on my old computer which got stolen and that is no word of a lie, it had 400 photos of mine on it to, mainly Jews, about 200 of them!!!! BUt the fish were massive, i would say about 190cm long!!! all 3 of them. Never seen anything like it to this day, i have photos of Kob from South africa that go 140lb which is massive but only small pics which are hard to tell!

K.