Tweed Flattie.

G'day all. Just a quick one.

Had a flick around out back this morning using a 4" Realistic shad on a 1/8th jighead & picked up this nice 44cm Flattie. :biggrin2: It's been a bit quiet of late but hopefully this is a sign of things to come as there is usually a good winter run of nice Lizards up here. I've thrown in a sunset pic I took from the yard recently as well.

Hope you all have a fishy weekend. :thumbup:

Cheers,

Grant.

Holy Batshit !!!!!!!! Well done Grant and its good to see you make a fishing report :biggrin2: Thats a nice view from your back yard as well and I hope you have a rod holder and chair with my name on it ready ?

Cheers Stewy

Thanks for the replies all. It is a beautiful place to live & while the fishing isn't spectacular it's still pretty good. :biggrin2:

Here's a couple of more pics. Another of the Flattie today, a nice Bream caught out back at night, a popper caught Bass from a little creek just up the road with it's top fins missing :1yikes: ( didn't affect the fight though! ), a 1.2 kg buck mudcrab from out back & one from the yard looking down the steps to the fishing platform.

Enjoy.

Cheers,

Grant.

Hi Grant

Nice Flattie & Superb Sunset!! Gorgeous - you should put that on your Xmas Cards!! What a backyard! You have set a high standard for most Raiders to aim at!

Glad you got to wet a line & hooked up - hope work isn't keeping you away from your fishing!!

It is absolutely freezing cold down here just now - the wind must be coming right off the Barrington Tops (snow covered just now!)

Take care

Cheerio

Roberta

Grant - I know you're a great bloke, and that you've worked hard for every minute of your life up there on the beautiful Tweed river, but I'm fighting very hard to maintain positive feelings about you when you post pics like that!!

:1prop::1prop::1prop:

What a great spot - what a great reward for all your hard work down in the big smoke.

Have you snorkelled the river yet? Is there any structure or interesting formation out the back of your place that could hold exciting fishing options? Must be such a great feeling to have your own piece of estuary like that.

It goes without saying that I'm drooling with envy.

G'day all. Just a quick one.

Had a flick around out back this morning using a 4" Realistic shad on a 1/8th jighead & picked up this nice 44cm Flattie. :biggrin2: It's been a bit quiet of late but hopefully this is a sign of things to come as there is usually a good winter run of nice Lizards up here. I've thrown in a sunset pic I took from the yard recently as well.

Hope you all have a fishy weekend. :thumbup:

Cheers,

Grant.

strike me lucky jewhunter. what a great backdrop you have up there :thumbup: . what a great move for a city fisho to the tweed, oh, go the c/nets! - having gc and ballina just a "cast and stroll along away" from home.

and struth wait till mangrove jack has Christmas dinner anywhere near your backyard wow Lord save the whiting not only they'll have you to contend with they'll have you and jack on their tail too and jack won't have much of chance to enjoy Christmas dinner either, i tell you.

tweed any absolutely great place you've got it all Grant, yep got it all and then some and you'll be overflowing with heaps of bass everywhere and heaps of other company for your pet too.

Murwillimbah wow i woudn't chose better would be heaven on a budget for me.

the other's all been appreciated and highly valued mate will contact soon and and no doubt i'll get you together with the gaffers at ballina and jay the hat from kingscliffe.

when shirl and i holidayed as we do about 3 or 4 times a year with jay the hat and the fishing park boys at ballina with my broken back in july o6 jimmy won second biggest whiting at evans/ballina classics and jay got second biggest cobe. jay's go a jack spot up your way and will even only take me and jimmy along blindfold.

strike me lucky i'm excited but my one finger typing thumb just won't go any more and this old salt has just run out of coffee.

wow the tweed you really do have it all mate.

with kind regards

jewgaffer

fish on :1fishing1:

Wow, this got alot more replies than I expected! :thumbup:

Stewy, your spot is ready but it's not prime position. That ones reserved for Donna! :tease:

Mondo; There was plenty of hard work in the big smoke & I'll have to keep working just as hard to be able to stay here. :( Luckily the business is going along quite well so I should be here for a while yet. :thumbup:

I haven't snorkelled the river yet. Visibility is pretty poor. I've run around & had a look on the sounder though. :biggrin2: It's pretty barren out back. Mud bottom mainly & around 12 - 15 ft deep. The structure is the rock walls people have built along the river. Alot of fish are tight up against the bank. There is a 10mtr hole off the back of my mates joint 2 doors down. Again it's only about 10ft off the bank & that does hold Bream, good Flatties & the odd school Jew. There are a couple of very fishy looking bridges close by that I'll hit hard in the tinny when it warms up a bit.

Fish wise you can expect anything depending on the time of year. Bream & Bass, Flatties, Whiting, small Jew, Tailor, Mullet, GT & Bigeye Trevally, Jacks, Moses Perch, Bull Sharks & Rays. you never know what's going to show up.

There is so much water to explore. Rivers & creeks everywhere. There is alot of exploring to do!

Jewgaffer. We'll hook up for a fish when you're in Ballina next. It's only an hour down the road.

Thanks for the kind words all.

Cheers,

Grant.