Hairy Tales - For The Kids

tryhard

G'day fishraiders,

Finally something to post (fish wise that is)

After not actively participating in the social last weekend - but being there & meeting a couple of you including the now infamous '1975' & 'Breamhunter' I decided to take my kids out last night to introduce them to the mythical hairtail.

We left the ATB ramp at about 7.30 pm and headed straight to Jeruselam Bay, acting on the previously solid advice of the afore mentioned Hairy Hero's.

dropped the anchor and settled down at about 8.00 with baits in the water and holding my breath in anticipation that the hairtail would still be around. ( A dad doesnt want to let his kids down after hyping them them up with tales of mythical sea creatures with teeth as big as a dog & as sharp as knives).

Anyway, about half an hour in & being blue in the face from holding ones breath too long, I see the tip of my daughter rod twitch. shortly there after we had one hairtail on board with a very exited child, and the other rod stating to twitch ! Suddenly two Hairtail in the boat and two very pleased kids ( and a dad secretly sighing with relief).

We left at 10.30pm and had 5 fish in the boat and having released 2 smaller ones, a very satisfying evening.

Score: - daughter caught the 1st, Son caught the biggest dad even caught a reasonsble fish.

My son even comented that it was better than watching the simpsons !

Have attached doccumentry evidence below!!

post-3077-1184480278_thumb.jpg

post-3077-1184480373_thumb.jpg

Good Report TryHard we were also out there braving the elements , i think a bit further up stream than u though, great to see the kids with smiles on there faces on such a cold night, we had a few Hairtail jump off hooks in boat while holding them up on rigs and proceeded to go balistic on boat floor making crew leap up on Esky and Gunnel, a few even stood up straight on tail, (freaked us right out)Wicked creatures i say but mad fun to catch and great to eat. Cheers Dave

Edited by offtap1

Good to see the toothys are about, and how good is it being out there with the kids. Good report , now I've gotta get out there and try for a few... Regards, Ray R..

Top report mate, its funny but I tend to talk up the trip to my kids before going out, so I know the sigh of relief when they actually land one.

Oh well......... a dads gotta do what a dads gotta do !

I'm going to show your report to my kids and hopefully go out Sat night with high expectations!!

Cheers,

Stumpy