Browns Mountain

james1990

Hi guys

Myself, my dad (willy) and crazedfisher dude departed cooks river ramp at approx 6.15am in search of the allmighty yellowfin tuna.

Smooth run to the heads.

After logging in with coastal patrol had a quick troll a few k's off the heads for zilch so pulled in lines and headed to browns, got to the shelf and dropped lines in trolled till we got to brownes about 1NM southwest of brownes the shotty rod goes off (TLD30 2 SPEED, 15KG BACKBONE ROD, 15KG OUTFIT)

ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZ myself and Chris clear the lines whilst my dad gets stuck into the beast on the other end.

A few mins pass as the fish is lying low and dad starts to turn him, we get him to the surface and he took anutha run across the back of the boat and decided to run under the boat and towards the motor ad after a small tussle chris and dad finaly got him away from the motor and in reach of the gaff

Chris had a few attempts at trying to gaff the fish but everytime the gaff went near the fish it would dive.

Finally got it within arms reach of the boat (i wasn't looking, to busy throwing up) and all i hear is PING and silence.

The line had bunched in the middle of the spool causing the doubled knot to catch and snap hence loosing the fish.

It was a yellowfin tuna off approx 35kg 130cm, fight lasted 15-20mins.

Chris and dad trolled around for abit more for no result, then had abit of a cube, conditions were not suited to cubing so trolled to the shelf ,lines in then headed home.

I spent most of the day with my head down, got REALLY seasick. From what i have heard we were one of the only boats to get a YFT today :thumbup:

Saw a few other raiders out there also, how'd you go guys?

Our first time in the new rig outside and we are very pleased with the result.

Thnaks chris for joining us, i learnt heaps from you.

I will post some picks up and chris has a few picks too.

cheers james

I don't take any tablets, they make me even worst.

This is the worst seasickness i have had ever.

I think i will just have to get use to the new boat.

On the previous boat i only got sick occasionlly probably 1 of 4 trips and i wasn't that bad when i was sick.

Today i through up everything inside of me including my lungs.

cheers james

I don't take any tablets, they make me even worst.

This is the worst seasickness i have had ever.

I think i will just have to get use to the new boat.

On the previous boat i only got sick occasionlly probably 1 of 4 trips and i wasn't that bad when i was sick.

Today i through up everything inside of me including my lungs.

cheers james

crapola, i dont think ive ever been seasick and i hope it stays that way, iv felt alittle weird but thats about it. unlucky again on blooding the new rig with the tuna but im sure there will be plenty more trips to crack one.

Tough break on the Tuna james... its so easy to miss things in the excitement of the fight~!

Good to hear the secret lure did the damage on an otherwise quiet day.

HeHe the tuna now holds the secret lure, sorry sam :( .

cheers james

Hey James Sounds like you had a tough day on the water. I had a tough day last Monday I couldn’t wait too see land. Out of interest what lure did hook the YFT on? I might go out on Tuesday did you find and temp breaks? You should post a picture of your new toy mate.

Shame about the lost fin james!, at least you got stuck into one ay :thumbup:

Seasickness has gotta be the worst feeling in the world, makes you wanna jump overboard :05::05:

Aparently jumping overboard can fix you up, but a bit cold at the moment i think

Well done fellas on hooking into the fish...tough break on losing...

We were gonna head out but it got way to wet for us....the SE chop was smashing us at 10.00am and in a bowrider we were drenched...we turned back at the 10km mark....will get out there though during the week

Hi guys

Myself, my dad (willy) and crazedfisher dude departed cooks river ramp at approx 6.15am in search of the allmighty yellowfin tuna.

Smooth run to the heads.

After logging in with coastal patrol had a quick troll a few k's off the heads for zilch so pulled in lines and headed to browns, got to the shelf and dropped lines in trolled till we got to brownes about 1NM southwest of brownes the shotty rod goes off (TLD30 2 SPEED, 15KG BACKBONE ROD, 15KG OUTFIT)

ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZ myself and Chris clear the lines whilst my dad gets stuck into the beast on the other end.

A few mins pass as the fish is lying low and dad starts to turn him, we get him to the surface and he took anutha run across the back of the boat and decided to run under the boat and towards the motor ad after a small tussle chris and dad finaly got him away from the motor and in reach of the gaff

Chris had a few attempts at trying to gaff the fish but everytime the gaff went near the fish it would dive.

Finally got it within arms reach of the boat (i wasn't looking, to busy throwing up) and all i hear is PING and silence.

The line had bunched in the middle of the spool causing the doubled knot to catch and snap hence loosing the fish.

It was a yellowfin tuna off approx 35kg 130cm, fight lasted 15-20mins.

Chris and dad trolled around for abit more for no result, then had abit of a cube, conditions were not suited to cubing so trolled to the shelf ,lines in then headed home.

I spent most of the day with my head down, got REALLY seasick. From what i have heard we were one of the only boats to get a YFT today :thumbup:

Saw a few other raiders out there also, how'd you go guys?

Our first time in the new rig outside and we are very pleased with the result.

Thnaks chris for joining us, i learnt heaps from you.

I will post some picks up and chris has a few picks too.

cheers james

Looks like the weather is improving with a big high pressure system moving over NSW as we chat, suspected of hanging around for a while. Should bring better conditions which will suit cubing etc... Well done on the YFT too!

Hi james,

bad Luck on the YFT. It would have been very nice. A couple of the boys went out yesterday (I couldnt go because of work) and in 5 minutes of cubing they were onto a small 10kg tuna. A few hours later they got a smaller version. they told me there was heaps of boats out there but no one was catching anything (of what they could see).

There was also one sick fisherman on board. Musnt have been flat at all.

JayKay

cmon chris u cant ditch ur mate sammy now after all this time :1prop:

and next time try help the boys LAND the fish rather then HELP loose the fish

:bleh::risata::whistling:

good work for hooking up anyway boys lets hope next time you have better luck..

steve

cmon chris u cant ditch ur mate sammy now after all this time :1prop:

and next time try help the boys LAND the fish rather then HELP loose the fish

:bleh::risata::whistling:

good work for hooking up anyway boys lets hope next time you have better luck..

steve

Steve i would i have been on the boat if it werent for me being sick as a dog for a week! :wacko: