Hairy Night

bolan

Well, what a return to the river it was!

Jess, Cam and I met Flightmanager and #1 Son for an overnighter at Jerusalem Bay for some Hairys and didn’t we have a hoot!

We travelled from my house to Parsley Bay to launch, as Ross said he’d give me a hand to launch the boat When we arrived at Parsley Bay, we were greeted on the ramp by the local Police. A quick RBT, Life Jacket Check, License Check, whistle check, bla bla bla and then we were off……………..well, not exactly. Then, Ross started gibbering to them about Fishraider and handing out business cards, and then more gibbering blab la bla………. So, they won’t be bothering us again!

So, yes we eventually did leave and the kids were over the moon, especially with their new play friend. Yep, you guessed it….Paris Hilton joined us for the trip!

post-2682-1185163828_thumb.jpg

Heading down to the Cowan River junction, I yelled to Ross that we may just slip down to Jerusalem Bay and grab a spot in case it got crowded; I figured we could burley up some livies once there. So we put the hammer down and both boats punched a nice wake down the river. A km down the river, my youngest, Cameron, noticed a few boats catching up to us and felt that we were going to get our fishing spots taken. I had a bit of a chuckle at his youthful desire to rev the shit out of anything he sits in, but then slowly had a feeling that we WERE being chased. A quick glance over to Ross, and that was it! Cam got his wish as both Ross and I dropped the loud peddle and flung the boats into the bay. (Very immature I know) – But Cam was right!

Bloody Ross must have told everyone about our “Spot X” as half of the Fishraider fraternity were there or right behind us!(Who would have thought of Jerusalem Bay for Hairys)

So, here we are down the end of the river with boats already there as well as many coming down. The boat next to us opened his account and my Kids were floating around the boat in great expectation! Now, I think the boat that was next to us was Reel Addiction. These guys were absolutely braining them. Then, 2 beautiful Raider boats came in close, one being Dominica 3 and the other I’m not sure (too many VB’s). One of Dom’s guest threw out before the anchor was dropped and he was on too!

Now, at this point in time, I was throwing chopped pillie out like no-bodies business, getting evil stares from Cam and Jess, and really feeling like crap.The week long pep talk I gave to the kids ,saying “this is it, this is the big event” was slowly falling down around me. It was only when Jess asked for a snapper lead that I knew we were in trouble! She figured if the fish don’t come to her, she’ll throw to the fish………….. Even if it did mean scratching Dom’s boat a bit. (Don’t worry Dom, I stopped her) :1yikes: Then Roosterman pulled in behind us and He and Luringbream were braining them! I swear the next Raider that caught one was gunna get shot :mad3:

Finally, my 3.5 ton of pillies worked and Jess was on! A beautiful 110cm hairy. Then Cam came up with one a little shorter! Hi 5’s all around and Team Stumpy was happening. 2 more later on in the night and we were happy………phew, I retain legend status with my children. :biggrin2:

To sum up a massive night of fun and entertainment, Jerusalem Bay became Fishraider Bay. Many boats caught fish, and the chatter across the water was plenty humorous. The Bay became a small Fishraider City.

post-2682-1185164059_thumb.jpg

Jess scores a beauty!

post-2682-1185164173_thumb.jpg

Cam scores a beauty!

post-2682-1185164236_thumb.jpgThis would be Paris and Ross...Or as Cam says "Ken and Barbi"

post-2682-1185165288_thumb.jpg

Permition to come aboard Captain?

Your bloody joking !!!!!!!!!! "

Edited by stumpy

Sounds like a great time was had by all!!! Glad to hear of so many hookups. Still haven't heard how most Raiders cook them up & how they taste??

Well done Raiders!

CHEERIO

Roberta

What a terrific nights fishing!! The hairies were there in numbers , and so were the Fishraiders trying to catch 'em !

At one stage during the evening , I counted 24 boats in Jerusalem Bay , 10 of which were FR's ! This also included one member Peter Kintail , in a beautiful 40' plus sailing boat! Quite a sight to see , at times there were more green and red lights , searchlights and camera flashes than a Pink Floyd concert. ( Stumpy thankfully resisted the urge to wave his ciggy lighter whilst singing Us and Them :074: ).

After a spirited trip from the Parsley Bay ramp , ( As responsible members of the boating fraternity , there was of course no WOT racing ) , we headed up to Spot X (OK Stumpy , I did tell one or two good mates from Fishraider where spot X was , but they were sworn to secrecy) and anchored up . There was much excitement on both boats as the skippers prepared rigs for their offspring , cut bait , refereed arguments etc .

We didnt have to wait long for the first fish to arrive , which we took to be a good sign from the Gods ( Thanks to Fr. Stumpy for his knee time during the week!). Eventually , the Hairtail came to our baits , and whilst the action was not frantic , there were enough strikes and dropped chances to keep us all on our toes.

Those of you who have expressed concern over Stumpy's injured hand will be relieved to know that his one handed drinking therapy is coming along splendidly , in fact so well at one stage he took to throwing beer cans at Paris and myself . This was nearly the undoing of poor Brett , as one missile was somewhat short of a length , and Brett , well schooled in the evils of wasted beer , made an heroic lunge to retrieve the aforementioned missile . All I could see were his legs up in the air , and the front part of him rapidly disappearing over the side of the boat. I made a frantic grab for the back of his breeches , and all was well! Beer and boy both safe !

The fish would come and go in waves , when they were on , they were on , and I estimate in excess of 50 were caught .

Caught up with a few Raiders on Sunday morning , most had been able to land at least one of the chrome monsters , and everyone said that they had enjoyed a great night fishing.

Anyone up for a Hairtail sesh next week? :074:

Ross

Anyone up for a Hairtail sesh next week? :074:

Ross

Sure am mate! One way or another, ill be there!

Well done on getting your lil ones onto some fish, they were having a ball!

It was a good night and steve and i got into a few fish, ill post up a report later.

Did you get my PM stumpy?

DAN

Here are a few pics from the night. You can see a few Raider Boats in the back ground. The boat pictured is my partner in crime, Reel Game....

Check out the smile on my work mate Tony's face! Classic.... Ol' mate Pino also had a ball. You'll remeber Pino Ceph???

IMAG00144.jpg

IMAG00174.jpg

IMAG0018-2.jpg

great pics there boys, gee that boat looks good. love the two e tecs on the back looks great.

Hey Stumpy the boat u are referring to as "Reel Adiction" was actually my mate Ray(On Edge) a raider, very similar boat, as in same colour that is, geez you must have had a few cans :074: , congrats to all, and another great report Stumps, Cheers Dave

Love the photo of Paris - what a laugh (sorry Brett). Great report Stumpy and Flightmanager - I was very envious thinking of you guys Saturday night - I definitely hope to be back on the water real soon. Hope you leave some fish for me!!!

Love to see a photo of how you rig up your gear for hairtail.

Cam was so excited today telling me about your catch - what great memories these kids are going to cherish in the future.

Cheers Marg :insane:

was a great night stumpy,was good to meet you and ross and chat.... shame we lost the union but my bloody chookies got up,gee anything can happen now,2 in a row.... isnt it great to see the excitement when the kids get a fish and i wish i had my vid cam when your daughter swung that hairy aboard and at you when she thought she lost it :074: ... we moved to the mouth of the bay around 11pm but nothing happening... seems they only stay on till a bit after dark for some reason.... did you get any in the morning.....

Sounds like a great time was had by all!!! Glad to hear of so many hookups. Still haven't heard how most Raiders cook them up & how they taste??

Well done Raiders!

CHEERIO

Roberta

yummo yummo yummo..... they cook up real nice but unless they are big theres not huge amounts of meat...

they fillet real easy but the bony area around gut cavity can be a bit daunting for newbies as they have fine bones... most good fresh fish i just lightly grease a glass baking dish with butter or oil, boneless fillet and coat with freshly cracked salt/pepper.and pop in oven for 10 to 20 min dep on fish. :thumbup: .. i now have a few more nights put away in the freezer to keep the families tummies happy....

Edited by roosterman

Hey Stumpy,

Thanks for the Wraps on the boat. It was definitely well worth the drive and effort to come up, and SO relaxing in comparison to the pounding swells that Dom III is use to (which she encountered out at Browns the next morning.....lol).

Cheers

Anthony

Mate , loved the boat, and welcome to God's Country, do come again :biggrin2:

we moved to the mouth of the bay around 11pm but nothing happening... seems they only stay on till a bit after dark for some reason.... did you get any in the morning.....

No mate, all went quiet. Deffinate dusk fish at the moment

Cam was so excited today telling me about your catch - what great memories these kids are going to cherish in the future.

Cheers Marg :insane:

You know Marg, the kids have such a great time..........

post-2682-1185258227_thumb.jpg

And sometimes its as simple as feeding the pelicans a few leftover prawns !

Pure Gold :thumbup:

i see an impostor, the cam of the georges river was not on that trip unfortnautally. just didn't want any confusion about who i am.

No confusion mate,

I note that your signature is "10ft lightweight"

Cam- Short for Cameron (my son) is "8 year old smartarse"

Cheers,

Stumpy :biggrin2: