Jerusalem Bay Hairies Sat Night 21st

Luringbream

Hi guys,

well i got downt to atb ramp and picked up Luringbream around 4pm and headed up to fishraider bay [commonly refered to as jerusalem bay].. when we turned into the bay the sight before us was amazing.there were plenty of boats,over 20 odd....so we putted through the flotilla and anchered up the back next to stumpy and a few other raiders..that Dominica 3 and reel addiction were also not far away and what a pair of beaut rigs they were :drool: ... anyway wasnt too long and :fisher: we were into em,or should i say my partner in crime dan.. the fish were very sporadic and the school really moved around and didnt seem to hole up for long even with a good supply of pillies and wheat burly flowin... was great to meet and chat stumpy,stumpets.. and thanks for that great pink floyd ross but some of that stuff you played was weird mate.. the fish went off the bite a couple hours after sundown so anyone wanting to get into them i would say get in early and once they go off around 9 or 10 pm thats it i think... i heard from others this was the case previously,can anyone else verify this...around 11pm stumpy,s snoring drove us away and we thought we would try near the mouth of the bay,i think it was stumpy's snorin that drove the fish away but don't tell him i said that.. nah only kidding... im sure it was just a very very long frieght train,funny that it seemed to take a long time to pass :074: .... anyway my boat like many others ended up do alright for the night but ill let Luringbream elaborate on the actual catches as hes the one that really had the luck that night,i was the apprentice and he the master :1worthy: .... oh well thats fishing sometimes...pulled the pin sometime just after midnight and was a real good night and wasnt as cold as i thought it would get...... im sure dan will put a post up with some good pics also,he got a monster one also...

thanks for the company dan,more than welcome to wet a line together again.. especially when you caught most of the fish,and me :wacko: ..and thanks for sharing the catch...

my little boys were stoked to see the "big silver fish with huuuuuge teeth daddy" gotta love the stuff outa the young ones eh....

cheers.... steve.....

Thanks for letting me tag along on saturday night, i, just like the other 20 raiders there that night, had a great time getting stuck into some hairtail! Steve has pretty much covered everthing so ill just post up the pics :biggrin2:

The bite was hot when we first arrived and we bagged 7 in quick succesion, two over the metre mark and the rest were rather small between 80-90cm. I managed to set a new PB of roughly 1.4m, not a huge fish, but he put up a great fight on 4lb line.

He went 1.37m on the brag mat

post-331-1185279756_thumb.jpg

Heres steve with the rest of the catch;

post-331-1185280053_thumb.jpg

Once again, thanks for getting me onto a few fish for the night!

DAN

Great catch mate!

It's amazing the shine on them my missus would be stealing them from your eskie for a new belt!. Sounds like a good session with a good bag of fish to show for it. How do they go as a table fish? nice to eat?

Cheers,

Joe

I rate them right up there, although not the greatest, they are nice and rather sweet.

However i dont thinkg thats the reason that 25 boats were there last saturday night, freezing their butts off. For me, its just the excitement of catching one of these elusive creatures, the feed is just a bonus! :thumbup:

WOW!! Fantastic fish!! IS that a new Raider Record??

Well done

Roberta

Not quite, but its a new PB for me and im stoked! Hopefully i can score an even bigger one..or two..or three within the next few outings! :thumbup:

good effort mate, very nice fish. :thumbup:

Can you guys leave a couple for the rest of us who haven't had a chance to get out there again. :(:(

Billy

Theres plenty to be had there..I think everyone got at least 3-4 fish that night with many boats almost bagging out. Mate i might be heading out on sunday night, if theres room i'll let you know..

DAN

Thanks for letting me tag along on saturday night, i, just like the other 20 raiders there that night, had a great time getting stuck into some hairtail! Steve has pretty much covered everthing so ill just post up the pics :biggrin2:

The bite was hot when we first arrived and we bagged 7 in quick succesion, two over the metre mark and the rest were rather small between 80-90cm. I managed to set a new PB of roughly 1.4m, not a huge fish, but he put up a great fight on 4lb line.

He went 1.37m on the brag mat

post-331-1185279756_thumb.jpg

Heres steve with the rest of the catch;

post-331-1185280053_thumb.jpg

Once again, thanks for getting me onto a few fish for the night!

DAN

well done there mate :yahoo: