Off Stones

KINGvirgin

back at uni next week so i decided to try my luck on the low tide and the incoming high tide/dusk

it was an agonisingly slow day with nothing but this pink/red fella who went mighty hard, have no idea what it was so it went back to live another day... also noticed in my pillie block what looked to be a yellow tail or something this thing was massive compared to the WA pillies.... very strange!

ah well it was a top day weather wise anyway!

Ian

post-1750-1185357082_thumb.jpg

post-1750-1185357095_thumb.jpg

back at uni next week so i decided to try my luck on the low tide and the incoming high tide/dusk

it was an agonisingly slow day with nothing but this pink/red fella who went mighty hard, have no idea what it was so it went back to live another day... also noticed in my pillie block what looked to be a yellow tail or something this thing was massive compared to the WA pillies.... very strange!

ah well it was a top day weather wise anyway!

Ian

well done on the weird fish mate, looks like a bit of a slimey there, top bait they are.

I agree with Rocky, i have caught them at night at West Reef, and they are absolutely delicious to eat! White flakey flesh, i would say its up there with the best of the fish that you can eat! But i dont know if they are ling?

Kamil

Edited by xtosea

That silver fish looks like a Slimey Mack alright, I have found some mixed in

blocks of Pilchards to.

Dont know what that other fish is though as i thought Ling had a tail like

an Eel.

penguin

that brown fish is a ling mate. they live in caves are pretty good to eat! nice white meat!

cheers

what a coincidence, i caught one yesterday at guerilla bay (20 mins south of BAtemans bay). didn't know it was good eating, so put it back to its element