A Summer Like Day At Spot X

raf

headed out yesterday around 630am arrived at spot x :biggrin2: at around 730... started burlying up a seen few little trevally.. but there wasnt much around so after a little while i thought id give squiding ago.. and then all of a sudden i see massive boils under my line then i see around 50 of these leaping bonito going absolutley going nuts so i quickly wind my squid jig in and they followed my jig right up so i put on my little halco lure and sure enough bang im on.. after a few decided to call it a day with a beautiful feed :yahoo:

cheers raf

post-4177-1185368071_thumb.jpg

Where abouts were you fishing raf?

There seems to be a lot of these leaping bonito (as well as the odd standard bonito and king) well up into Port Hacking at the moment - have seen quite a few fishing in Gymea Bay recently.

:1welcomeani::1welcomeani: to Fishraider, Raf!! You've found a top site to share your fishing tales!

Well done on the Leaping bonitos! Don't they go on light gear?? Always fun to catch.

How do you cook them? Most folk I know just use them for bait - they reckon, salted down, it is one of the best bream baits ever!

Cheers

Roberta

Edited by Roberta