Fishing From Wharves

lethargist

With this cool weather, and early sunsets, I was thinking about exploring some wharves around the harbour.

Can anyone tell me about the rules regarding fishing from wharves?

Which wharves are the best? I'm just looking for somewhere relaxing that i can catch a bus to, drop a line in for a couple of hours, and hopefully pick up some dinner.

Cheers

So, is it legal to fish from Balmoral wharf?

Maybe its worth taking a stroll around the harbour this arvo to scope them out. Is there a cluster of wharves that I could use as a starting place?

And at this stage, the decision of eating fish or not is not one that I will have to make.. in my 6 or 7 attempts of fishing in sydney, i'm yet to reel in a fish - let alone one for the table! :blink: Hence the reason why i am now trying to find more relaxing ways of "fishing" until i can get a bit of confidence back...

Yes it is legal to fish from both balmoral and cliftol gardens wharf's

Just remember to fish light and you will catch alot more fish, unweighted baits in a burly trail will catch you pretty much everything , we have caught lizards upto 56cm right at our feet.

lethargist,

over the years i witnessed from being allowed to fish the ferry wharves to an outright ban on them, i have found as a ruleof thumb statew transit wharves are off limits though they turn a blind eye on some and not others.

Some good wharves are the one in pyrmont point park and the small ones in the lane cove river and middle harbour check your ubd and search and ye shall find which ones are okay to fish from

hope this helps.

LA :1fishing1:

Hi Lethargist

At Balmoral, you can fish the smaller structure to the left of the swimming pool (joined to it by a small platform.) You are not allowed to use the swimming pool structure to fish from at all - bit of a shame, as over under the restaurant on the other side, lurk some biiiig fish! I was there last week & couldn't even catch a cold! (on the legal bits, of course!)

Cheers

Roberta