South Sydney 27 July 2007 2 Hour Lunch Session

nik

Hi Guys,

Had the day off work yesterday so decided to spend a few hours fishing. This was by far my most successful sessions ever and resulted in a number of personal bests. I'll try and keep this report as brief as possible.

I spent about an hour pumping nipper and a gathering a few soldier crabs from Maianbar and then off to spot X (land based).

I started fishing around 1.30pm, the tide was fairly low and was still on its way out.

I used an unweighted soldier crab on my first cast and pulled in a nice 30cm sand whiting. Wooo Hoo PB No.1 biggest whiting.

Next I tried a nipper, again, tap .. tap... BANG! whoo PB No.2, 34cm whiting.

I stuck with using the unweighted nippers for the rest of the day, and almost every single cast resulted in a fish. I couldn't believe how well I was going.

As the tide started to rise, the strikes started to slow down. It went from a hit on every cast, to a hit every 3 casts.

I decided to call it a day at 3.30pm.

In the end I caught 16 whiting ranging from 27cm to 34cm. I released another 10 or so whiting ranging from about 24-26 cm, released a gar fish around 40cm and missed about 5-6 hookups. :1clap::1clap::1clap:

I could not believe how sucessful the day had been!

Overall the fish weighed in at 2.7Kg (cleaned)

I achieved a range of PBs in this session :yahoo:

Biggest sand whiting (34cm)

The most legal fish I have ever caught in one session (17)

The most fish in shortest time (easily 30 fish in 2 hours)

There is a 30cm metal ruler in the top left hand corner above the fish as a guide.

Nik :D:D:D:D

post-944-1185631200_thumb.jpg

post-944-1185631180_thumb.jpg

post-944-1185631146_thumb.jpg

Edited by nik

Nice going. Nothing better than fresh whiting for dinner.

If spot X is anywhere near the area you got the nippers then the whiting will be just as prevalent and about 10cm bigger in three - four months.

Dave

Thanks for all the comments guys.

Ludrick59, spot X is ..... Port Hacking, can't give exact location (as it's the only spot X I have lol) :)

I gave half to my best mate, and the other half we had for dinner, I have to admit they were really nice.

The first thing the wife said when she got home and saw all the fish was:

"so where did you buy them from hey?" .....got love em though :)

She actually made me take her to spot X on Sunday, we caught 12 whiting this time (6 each) with 5 of them between 27-30cm, all fish went back this time (can't be greedy). [sorry no pics]

Nik