Browns And Beyond Solo Again

aussie big bob

Hi there fellow Raiders

It all started in with a post in desperate and boatless for a deckie.I had one taker that was keen to go

Up until the night before then pulled out. :05:

So not letting this bother me i loaded the boat that night and headed for the ramp. Arrived at Cooks River Ramp about 8.30pm.

I took my time in preparing the boat and had it in the water by approx 11.30pm.

I headed over to molly point to bed down for the night as i was meeting another fellow raider that was also heading out to browns. The night was cold but did manage to get a few hours shuteye.

Woke up at 4.30am and started fishing for some lives. And as some of you raiders would know from previous post my livey fishing is not all that successful. And today was no exception. Only managed one octopus

So approx 6am pull stumps to go and look for the raider that was now 2 hours late. Head for the ramp, which he was going to launch from only to find it dead. So tried to ring but no answer. Decide to head to browns. On the way back pass molly point I see the raider which I was meeting up with fishing for lives at the point. So decide to have another go at the little suckers and guess what I caught some. In actual fact 3. As I was solo this was enough for me as the plan was for cubing for fins.

Its now about 8.30am and we set of for the mountain. We get to about 16km off browns and decide to troll the rest of the way into browns. So as I was solo only put a spread of 3 lures out. I caught up to the other raider approx 8km south of browns where he had decided to start his cube trail. I let him know that I would troll into the mountain and see what was happening and then would troll back. Got to the mountain to find it was like a car park. So started my troll back to where I had left my fellow raider.

Arrived back with fellow raider and started cubing and dropped a livey out under a balloon. This went on for quite a few hours. When all of a sudden and albatross decides that he would try and pop my balloon :mad3: so after some yelling and screaming to get it away from the balloon I decided to throw something towards it to try and scare it away.

Well guess what stupid me had only one thing that I could throw and not hurt it and that was a hand full of my cubed pillies. :1prop: This is the stupid bit (on my part) the bird went after the pillies.

And on its return up it got tangled up in the line and as it took off the 8/0 hook that was holding the livey on went threw the back of its leg.

So with all of this I had to decide how to get the bird into the boat without chocking it to death as the line was around its neck.

So all lines in motor over to the bird to get it into the boat and untangle it and remove the hook

Now with line untangled and hook removed I put the bird up on the bait table to let it rest and fly away when it was ready, but no the albatross decided that the boat was a better deal and jumped back inside the boat.

I did not mind this, as I did not have a deckie to keep me company. After it had left a few trade marks on my carpet It was time to have another go at getting my new deckie to leave as I decided to head back into browns for a bit of cubing and bottom bashing.

To sum the rest of the day up left browns approx 5.54pm arrived at cooks river ramp 7.30pm.

Tally for the day 15kg pillies cubed and 154kms for one octopus and one albatross both were released. Sorry no photo of the albatross as it has been deemed to be unsuitable for this site so have put 2 other photo on instead one that I took just south of browns and one of my lives hope you enjoy.

But at least i was out there and loved it :yahoo:

Cheers

bob

post-2934-1185668762_thumb.jpg

post-2934-1185668783_thumb.jpg

Edited by aussie big bob

yeah its deffinatly harder to get a deckie in winter my mates are the same but as soon as the weather warms up there aint enough spots bad luck on the fish or lack of but its just nice being out there beets workin thats for surecheers mik

>>>>>>>>>>> ? >>>>>>>>> ? >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hi there fellow Raiders

It all started in with a post in desperate and boatless for a deckie.I had one taker that was keen to go

Up until the night before then pulled out. :05:

So not letting this bother me i loaded the boat that night and headed for the ramp. Arrived at Cooks River Ramp about 8.30pm.

I took my time in preparing the boat and had it in the water by approx 11.30pm.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

hi aussie big bob,

enjoyed reading your report :thumbup: shame about another no fish result after all that but it has a lot to do with this cold front and these persistent conditions from the south continuing on for so long.

just noticed you're left posted sometimes and have to do the lot on your own. i'm handy over at ambarvale and always free any days from early till dark, know the ropes and split the costs.

if you want to fish the main river or the front of hawkesbury and in close round broken bay for a change as well as a laugh with boggle eyed critters and reef sharks and maybe gaff a jew and a snapper or two, i'll go fish with bells on, that's for sure

i had a heavy fall and a back op but moving around quite ok, just the deckie to have in and around a fishing boat when you're doing the heavy deckie stuff yourself.

can take my mustang centre console, would be quite ok if you want to give your boat a break

just send us a pm bob

cheers bob

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

this is a photo of my jewie boat as it was in the adv. pictured where i got it at gold coast after i sold my big yalta sea boat.post-829-1185754858_thumb.jpg

this is my other boat an eagle ray tri hull from noosapost-829-1185755316_thumb.jpg

Edited by jewgaffer

May i just say that is a HUGE days fishing. Did you put a Jewie bait out o/night or did you just sleep. Why do you launch the night before?

Dpinta

Well all I can say it beats getting up at 3 in the morning to load the boat.

And what better way to spend an evening six pack of beer the smell of the salt air and the

Wind blowing threw your hair. Mind you I don’t have much hair but it sounded good.

But the best part is when you wake up all you have to do is up anchor and your of f

Cheers

bob

Bob.

It was great meating you out there.

You can't say we didn't try. By the sounds of things we need to kick it a bit wider next time. I have to say that it was the longest I have ever cubed nonstop. We went through 8 big blocks of pillies without a turn on the reel. We left at 5.45pm.

:05:

Cheers

Bob.

It was great meating you out there.

You can't say we didn't try. By the sounds of things we need to kick it a bit wider next time. I have to say that it was the longest I have ever cubed nonstop. We went through 8 big blocks of pillies without a turn on the reel. We left at 5.45pm.

:05:

Cheers

sorry to here you did no good either :thumbdown:

cheers

bob