The Reddies Are On!

A WEEK OF SNAPPER BLISS ON BROADBILL AND BILLFISHER

"AMAZING CATCHES OF BRILLIANT SNAPPER"

At last the weather has settled a little and in between the strong winds we have managed some of the best and most consistent snapper fishing for along time. Catches of up to 30 snapper per trip have been the norm. The fish have been up to 5 kilos to just above legal we have returned many "just overs" during our days

We have targeted the reds knowing that on previous years, the winter and spring is the time to fish the Stanwell Park grounds.

It is an area that I really do love to fish not just because of the brilliant snapper fishing but also for the places beauty.

We troll the beside the high cliffs past Jibbon to Marley,Garie Bolgo , Burning Palms it makes you feel alive to experience this beauty and then there's the snapper fishing and that just adds to the day.

In targeting snapper we prefer the floater method (read details on floater fishing in Fishing Stories and Hints section on www.gamefishingcharters.com.au) however some days the paternoster rig will work OK.

However it is the floater style of fishing that generally catches the big boys I love to see the anglers feeding back their baits in the light current when all of a sudden the line is ripped from their fingers as a big red screams off zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz As the rod arches and it's hit the fan .Then the great sight as a big fish lays on surface at the nets Cries of "What a bloody beauty….. Well done mate" as the big snapper hits the deck.

It is currently my favourite form of fishing,they are so much fun to catch, they eat so well and it simply is a great days fishing.

We have had the pleasure of four great groups of people on the snapper trips, good fishos who also appreciate the fun of a great day on the reds.

Days when I can actually fish and join in the banter, rather than being on the bridge and on the wheel most of the day.

I even get the chance to have a snapper fish sometimes and I do love that.

We get out the guitar and sing a few songs, tell a few yarns in between catching snapper……That can't be all that bad.

Thank you to all my crews over the past week, it has been a great pleasure fishing with you all and I hope you enjoy the photos .

Eat your heart out Stewy :1yikes:

post-256-1185758667_thumb.jpg

post-256-1185758683_thumb.jpg post-256-1185758726_thumb.jpg

post-256-1185758697_thumb.jpg

post-256-1185758649_thumb.jpg

post-256-1185758631_thumb.jpg

post-256-1185758612_thumb.jpg post-256-1185758596_thumb.jpg

Cheers Ross Hunter

hey m8 how much r those charters?how far down the coast from botany bay is stanwell tops?

cheers

alex

Raiders,

Thanks for your comments they are appreciatted. It is about 18 nautical mile from BB heads.There is some more great photos on my site www.gamefishingcharters.com.au

I have two or three marks that we use Some go back to the old days of land marks but they are on my GPS now. I will give you lat and longs it will only cost you $250.00 and that's a day down there on one of our boats as a customer.I trust you understand that there are somethings that I hold to myself and there is nothing more sacrid than a mans' snapper marks.

Regards

Ross