G'day All

luderick -angler

Just like to say hito everyone and note that it is encouraging to see a lot more blackfishers here than on some other sites (reason is i now have some other fishers that sharew that same strange addiction every time you see a patch of weed or when you get that first tentative down! I've had this problem since a five year old fishing Hickson Road next to the Russian and Dad. Well 27 years later its just as bad) Look forward to chatting with all you other cross eyed float starers! :1fishing1::wacko::beersmile:

Cheers all

LA

Ahhhhhhhh a fellow patron of the finer art of Blackfishing,we went yesterday and got a few nice ones on the Georges River :thumbup:

Cheers Stewy

Cheers mate,

been at it for as long as i can remeber, won't fish for anything else its that bad an addiction! :05: But hey i would'nt have it any other way, learn't to fish with an old sportex and a steelite 22, still got that sportex too! Best darn brand of blackfish rod ever made in my humble opion, got older dad gave me one of his avons, a great art in fishing is luderick angling and i have my dad to thank that i'll never regret. :beersmile:

:1welcomeani: absolutely ,blackfishing is soooooo relaxing,better than bathing pilchards on the bottom on a 5kg sinker,this is the fine art of 2kg line and a furios fighter and how to land it over the wash onto a patch of weed.

welcome mate

Hi Luderick Angler

:1welcomeani::1welcomeani: to Fishraider - the 'creme de creme' of fishing forums, especially relating to blackies!!! I am sure it has re-ignited (or ignited) a lot of folks' interest in the dark art of blackfishing (almost as much fun as the darker art of beach worming!)

If you make it up the mid north coast to Forster way - give us a yahoo - always love to hit the water with a fellow fanatic!

Cheerio for now

Roberta

Actually blackfish it was a 287 a very whippy and soft 10ft estuary stick, my first rock rod was a butterworth 5144 light, i inherited my first 663 and 3902 when i was around 15 years old! Still use em today and you would get my left arm rather than these!

Roberta, very rarely do i get a chance but Dad used to go every July for a fortnight it was either Nambucca, Port Macquarie, Yamba or Ballina. He got his biggest fish ever at Nambucca it went 5.75lbs the biggest harbour fish he got was down Pyrmont it went 4.5lb. They seem to have run late the last few seasons though a mate sais you can walk on them at Port Stephens that was 2 weeks ago, but they are a mystery and i've known them to take a left turn go up the Georges and miss Port Hacking then the next year the yappear in the Cooks River, tslking to Dad a moment ago he says this happens up north and the majority of fish bypass one river and you might get 1 school all month in your river whilst the next river is lousy withthe buggers. It happened here this season the Georges is thick with them yet the cooks has only a few scattered fish!

Go figure.

Oh BTW Dad has chased them for 60 years and he rckons he still can not figure them out!

Cheers

LA

Hi LA

You'd be right there - just when you think you know what you are doing, they change the rules!

I have a buddy who is an accomplished blackie fisher (in his 90's) and he still travels to Yamba to fish there for 3 months every year. Last year, he only caught about 20 fish in total. I am thinking we are having a lean year here - but you can still get a couple or 3 fish when you go (& aren't busted off or have a hook straightened!) All is not lost!

Luderick59 knows the bloke who holds the current blackie record - over 8lb! He is in his 80s now & caught it some decade or 2 back! That would be an amazing fish, to be sure! So your dad's 4 - 6lbers (nearly) are amazing as well!

We stop at Nambucca when we go north, but I haven't really fished it 'seriously' yet .... I rely on the restaurant on the one night we are there, so would give it away even if I did catch!! :1prop:

I think we should have a separate "Blackie" Section on the forum - what do you reckon!??

Cheerio

Roberta

Whenever I fish with another blackie fisherperson, i learn something new!

Hi LA

You'd be right there - just when you think you know what you are doing, they change the rules!

I have a buddy who is an accomplished blackie fisher (in his 90's) and he still travels to Yamba to fish there for 3 months every year. Last year, he only caught about 20 fish in total. I am thinking we are having a lean year here - but you can still get a couple or 3 fish when you go (& aren't busted off or have a hook straightened!) All is not lost!

Luderick59 knows the bloke who holds the current blackie record - over 8lb! He is in his 80s now & caught it some decade or 2 back! That would be an amazing fish, to be sure! So your dad's 4 - 6lbers (nearly) are amazing as well!

We stop at Nambucca when we go north, but I haven't really fished it 'seriously' yet .... I rely on the restaurant on the one night we are there, so would give it away even if I did catch!! :1prop:

I think we should have a separate "Blackie" Section on the forum - what do you reckon!??

Cheerio

Roberta

Whenever I fish with another blackie fisherperson, i learn something new!

hi roberta a seperate 'blackie' section would be fantastic save time searching for reports :1prop: peter

Sounds good there are enough dedicated luderick fishers here i see. I've always thought about a dedicated luderick site.............Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :beersmile::beersmile::beersmile:

Oh and that angler you refer to that luderick 59 knows i vividly remeber the photo in fishing weekly Dad had cut it out and stuck it in an album, i beleive it went 8lb 3oz and was caught at bluefish in the murk..............mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm shit n&*%%$#s Dad recalls seeing them caught at Yella at Malabar, they ended up more often than not as fish cakes in the local RSL i believe the boys used to catch them on peas right outta the boils!

If only my father were not so secretive i'd love him to put all his experience and adventures down as an oral history but then us luderick fishers can be tighter than the proverbial, okay let me start a train of reminisence of spots long gone or forgotten anyone ever fish the old Erskine Street Ferry Wharf down from Wynard Station or the Nielsen Park Ferry wharf?

Edited by luderick -angler