Narrabeen Lake

eastwood1980

Hi Guys,

My first report ever, Went fishing this afternoon to Narrabeen Lake at 11am used prawn and pilly as bait

few under size breams really slow...... ONLY BREAMS!! errrr :1badmood:

Around 12:30pm i caught a small whiting so i decided to use the whiting as live bait for fun, was soooo bored :( , with in 10min's BANG on my 6kg line.... just keeps running didn't feel like a ray though.....

didn't even get a chance to fight :1badmood::1badmood: at the end.... ran out of line.... and guess what snap..... AAAAAHHHHHHHH i so wanna die!!! so frustrated..... fished till 1:30pm and moved to Palm Beach

for some sambo... not even a alittle bite..... :05: i guess...

End up going home with a broken heart. i so wanted to have fish for dinner.... steamed fish mmmmmm....

Welcome fellow fisherman. I fish the lakes all the time and I have had many a day like uours. I just keep going back for more. Your in the right place for great help and advice. this forum is da bomb. I couldnt catch a cold when I started reading this forum. Well I dont do that much better now either. but I do know why now.See you on the lakes. :fisher:

Hi Eastwood & Pete

:1welcomeani::1welcomeani: to Fishraider!! You will see many Raiders in the lake at one time or another - don't be shy - ask if they are a Raider!! (Or buy a Raider hat & wear it there!)

Don't you hate it when it is sooooo quiet that your mind goes a-wandering & then the monster hits!!! And of course, you are not ready for it & the drag is set too light & you get a birds nest in your line & to cut a long story short ...... it gets off!! :(:1badmood::05: Could even have been a biiiig flattie?

Keep trying & you'll get it next time!

Cheerio

ROberta

Luderick59 has even caught a big jewie in the lake - so who knows!!

Edited by Roberta

:1welcomeani:

Hi Guys,

My first report ever, Went fishing this afternoon to Narrabeen Lake at 11am used prawn and pilly as bait

few under size breams really slow...... ONLY BREAMS!! errrr :1badmood:

Around 12:30pm i caught a small whiting so i decided to use the whiting as live bait for fun, was soooo bored :( , with in 10min's BANG on my 6kg line.... just keeps running didn't feel like a ray though.....

didn't even get a chance to fight :1badmood::1badmood: at the end.... ran out of line.... and guess what snap..... AAAAAHHHHHHHH i so wanna die!!! so frustrated..... fished till 1:30pm and moved to Palm Beach

for some sambo... not even a alittle bite..... :05: i guess...

End up going home with a broken heart. i so wanted to have fish for dinner.... steamed fish mmmmmm....

:1welcomeani: i used to fish often for flathead [bait , lures] in the lake . hooked some 6 to 8lb you may have hooked a school jew on your livey or a pike eel .

caught afew jew in the lake [see my album] especially after king tides when they come into the lake for a feed .

some like it so much they stay feeding on prawns mullet whiting and grow bigger :only target blackies now so i might see you down there

peter :1fishing1:

Howdy, welcome to fishraider. I fished the lake myself this morning for zip. Was a little late getting down there, I tried the deeper holes with SP's as the back end was shut down last time I looked, again today no mullet, not surface action, no bait around the weed, no cormarants, no nuthin, very very quiet. Will give it a miss till the prawns start to run and wake the joint up in Spetember. Now if only the winter whiting would make an appearance.

PS: stingrays are very common in the lake, even up the back in the fresh in ankle deep water.

Southerly

:1prop: Thanx for your replies guys, i hope to see you guys around the lakes and i'll make sure i'll go up to everyone around the lake fishing... Are you a raider? :thumbup::thumbup:

be careful using undersized whiting for live bait.... fisheries don't like it .. not really responsible either..

poddy mullet are much more effective... you'd be surprised how many more fish you catch when you get out of the habit of usin frozen servo bait and take the time to learn about the creatures fish eat...

stick with it and results will come

gl

be careful using undersized whiting for live bait.... fisheries don't like it .. not really responsible either..

poddy mullet are much more effective... you'd be surprised how many more fish you catch when you get out of the habit of usin frozen servo bait and take the time to learn about the creatures fish eat...

stick with it and results will come

gl

Thanx for the great advise, won't forget