Patonga Fishing

hobbitt

G'day raiders

Left early this morning to sneak a sly little land based fishing at a fave spot of mine at Patonga, BUT, when the missus and I turned up, council had closed my possy off. BUGGA.

So, winged, not defeated, we attempted a little beach fishing, hhhmmmm water very cold and all I caught was a snag :( I guess you could say, fish one, hobbitt a big fat nothing.

Still, as my boss gave me the option of a rec. day, as he had nothing for me to do, or turn up for work and "work as directed"

I chose, as ya would, to go "fishing"

Anyway, the company was good, and so was the bacon & egg rolls that we had for breakfast.

G'day raiders

Left early this morning to sneak a sly little land based fishing at a fave spot of mine at Patonga, BUT, when the missus and I turned up, council had closed my possy off. BUGGA.

So, winged, not defeated, we attempted a little beach fishing, hhhmmmm water very cold and all I caught was a snag :( I guess you could say, fish one, hobbitt a big fat nothing.

Still, as my boss gave me the option of a rec. day, as he had nothing for me to do, or turn up for work and "work as directed"

I chose, as ya would, to go "fishing"

Anyway, the company was good, and so was the bacon & egg rolls that we had for breakfast.

Gday Hobbit, which area was closed off? Was it the wharf?

I've got a camping trip organised for Patonga in September (APEC Weekend), and in the past we've always been able to fish wherever we want!

I've got a camping trip organised for Patonga in September (APEC Weekend), and in the past we've always been able to fish wherever we want!

The area closed was the southern end of the camping ground,where the beach meets the river.

See you up there in September!

gday raiders new to this site and computers in general but couldn't ask for a more informative place to learn about fishing and computing. what a bonus. patonga what a beaut spot and i've found very productive over many years went there 11/08 gentle northerly armed with an array of soft plastics and new spin outfit and couple of baited rods. well 3 hours later 8 decent flatties biggest going 58cm a stud winter whiting and a flounder. had a great little sesssion with most falling to the spinning of lime tigers. water was a little cold hence the suprise of the days results. just proves the ambushing nature of those flatties, if you can locate them the temptation of a passing feed was too great.

Hi Hobbitt

Any reason why the council closed it off? Is it roped off or got an explanation sign? Is it permanent? It isn't part of a marine park is it? There May have been a spill of some sort further upstream!

Hmmmm - could be worth giving them a bell!

Cheers

Roberta

Hi Hobbitt

Any reason why the council closed it off? Is it roped off or got an explanation sign? Is it permanent? It isn't part of a marine park is it? There May have been a spill of some sort further upstream!

Cheers

Roberta

Hi Roberta, (ROD) Hobbitt here, the area is sign posted as "CLOSED" Gosford Council. Council have roped the area off. The area concerned is the southern end of the camping ground, a small reserve that feeds onto the beach and the point where the beach and river meet, my fave spot for flatties. Not to sure what the go is, but there was heavy earth moving machines dotted around the reserve, Im thinking a mop up after the June storms maybe??

Anyway my tribe might venture up your way soon, up to the father in laws on site van @ Lakeside Resort, near the keys.

So bring on the warmer weather, and "tight lines" to you all.

Hi Hobbitt

Cheers

Roberta

Oh yeah, no it's not a marine park, and I don't think there's been any spills down there, but who knows, Flightmanager may have had his boat down there, (thats a joke Ross) lol.

Hi Canoe Fisher

Great to hear it should be re-opened soon! I get suspicious when they start whacking up signs & no-one queries it!!

Hi Hobbitt

If/when you make it up our way, give me a yahoo - would love to wet a line with you, if convenient!!

Cheerio

Roberta

Glad to hear it's only minor works taking a few weeks, booked in to camp there in October and was there last year same time with the family, and your right a great Flattie spot, young feller caught a 1 meter Flathead took some snaps and let it go. But picked up quite a few in the edible legal range for the BBQ. Love patonga just a short run to flint and steel and Juno point for the odd jewie.