No Jew Action Today

Hit the Hawkesbury with Mitch (boban) and Byron (jewgaffer)today.

We were in Mitch's very nice 600 cruisecraft ,mmmmmmmmmm nice vessel.

Not much to report as the jewies didnt want any of our fresh squid offerings.

I had a great time with the lads and hope to do this type of trip again soon.

Score was one nice flattie and a small skate and a very nice looking striped catfish by Byron which impressed Mitch and myself :biggrin2:

Thanks for the great hospitality gentlemen,It was a pleasure being on the water with you both :thumbup:

Cheers Stewy

Hit the Hawkesbury with Mitch (boban) and Byron (jewgaffer)today.

We were in Mitch's very nice 600 cruisecraft ,mmmmmmmmmm nice vessel.

Not much to report as the jewies didnt want any of our fresh squid offerings.

I had a great time with the lads and hope to do this type of trip again soon.

Score was one nice flattie and a small skate and a very nice looking striped catfish by Byron which impressed Mitch and myself :biggrin2:

Thanks for the great hospitality gentlemen,It was a pleasure being on the water with you both :thumbup:

Cheers Stewy

Yep we sure had a pretty good day and I was in very good company, I tell ya - Stewy (Swordfisherman), Mitch (boban), and myself just seemed to click in our hunt for the missing jewies and got on really well.

I thank both Mitch and Stewy for just being the good natured bokes they are. And thanks for taking the time to do the fishing report, Stewy as you sure have to be up pretty early this morning for another blackfish session with Ross Hunter and I don't know how you both can do all that as often as you do :thumbup:

I wanted to go, but at those blackfish grounds you're going to, it seems I would need to find a hundred tarzan vines and swing from tree to tree to get down there and then hire a sherpa guide if I ever landed and that's for sure

Mitch's 20' Cruise craft with the big 4 stroke Honda is one heck of a boat and is an excellent example of what a top fishing platform should be, with all the right gear, outriggers and all.

She rides along beautifully and would handle a trip to Brown's Mountain as good as it gets for a trailer boat of this size. She's a nice boat this one :1yikes: and it was a real pleasure to be invited along.

I felt so crook on the trip and my teeth kept chattering the previous night, having been well and truly poisoned by the fresh air at Albury and some viral bug I picked up in those sickly clean mountainous enviroments where you can easily fall victim to the air in between the puffs and most unlike jewies, you can become worse from good barometric pressure fluctuations.

My rolly owns still taste like burnt feathers and me being just the computer wizard I am, I rushed a two hour self diagnosis on Google, when I got home, and that has now convinced me I have the bottom half of me riddled with Ross River fever, the top half a bad case of diptheria, and a massive exodus of that so called pure mountain air from Albury when I reached the Hawkesbury, has left me with no feeling in the torso at all

It was good to be the man doing the bait presentations. I tried just about every trick and even coupled squid up in the mating position to see if I could get jewies enraged enough to bust up a few smiling squid.

Mitch is a very cluey hi tech fisherman and certainly a very capable deckman for a solicitor. Mitch had an urgent call to court in Sydney the night before and to his credit went well out of his way to get the big battleship in the water and still was in the water to greet us with a huge smile on his face in the early morning hours at Brooklyn wharf.

Mitch then took off for quite a few hours leaving the Cruise Craft in Stewy's capable hands until his return after lunch.

That was a very nice thing to do Mitch and Stewy handled that big boat real nice and had it riding pretty smooth like the great boat it is through the chop.

Stewy and Mitch worked their lures around the boat like clockwork and Stew soon pulled a nice flathead out of jewie waters at Gunyah while jewgaffer launched three jewie rods and thrashed away at baitfish like a man with no arms and caught baitfish in the form of miniature rays, bream small and medium, and a very handsome New Zealand bred striped catchfish pushed up by the southerly sea currents from the antarctic.

Stewy said it was a nice catfish, a real nice one, but I reckon it was arse kicked almost every inch of the way.

It was great to see us all spreading half a dozen rods out in those currents and boat swings with Stewy and Mitch skillfully running there lures under all that without us being troubled by any tangled lines

Mitch was busy spraying some high tech lures with female hormones and I was a bit worried that jewfish might have other ideas with those plastics rather than mounting trebble hooks.

The weather was much windier than forecast - water temperature was 11 degrees and up to putty - we still have this persistent cold push of sea water and cold currents coming up from the south.

It was surprising there were no tailor down deep but this southerly wave direction and current push up of cold water has made this a very poor winter and this persistent antarctic southerly influence from the antarctic seems to have resulted in long hibernation periods and evacuations for many of our river species with the exception of the usual freaky survivors.

As a real matter of interest on that subject Mike (Inhlanzi) phoned me this morning to tell me that very big yakkas were in abundance when he took his young boy for a cast on Sunday. Looks to me these yakkas are out of cover and running around without many predators to worry about apart from mike and little inhlanzi and Mike's yakka disposal system, the boston whalers live bait tanks :biggrin2:

So for jewie enthusiists, ( cripes how do you spell that at this time of year) the late winter jewfish, the big ones always come in and smash those big yakkas in late winter, feast up and come back to finish them off in the next lot of warmer currents.

On that note some friends of mine fished the day before us on Tuesday which I thought would be back to the normal feed bowl habits for river fish, after the southerly winds moved away, but that sadly was not to be.

They told me it was one of the worst results they had everb experienced for jewie signs or the variety of fish which feed with them.

They did not catch any form of legal size table fish and that was during a 20 hour two boat episode, and a pretty efficient one at that, I tell ya.

So I guess we better eat squid and blackfish for a little while yet

Thanks Mitch and Stewy and tell Ross to please send me a couple of blackfish and they'll do coz I'm starving

AND sorry fellow raiders but I just can't write anything unless I say it all and it always seems to be a marathon.

Cheers,

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Edited by jewgaffer

Yep we sure had a pretty good day and I was in very good company, I tell ya - Stewy (Swordfisherman), Mitch (boban), and myself just seemed to click in our hunt for the missing jewies and got on really well.

I thank both Mitch and Stewy for just being the good natured bokes they are. And thanks for taking the time to do the fishing report, Stewy as you sure have to be up pretty early this morning for another blackfish session with Ross Hunter and I don't know how you both can do all that as often as you do :thumbup:

I wanted to go, but at those blackfish grounds you're going to, it seems I would need to find a hundred tarzan vines and swing from tree to tree and then hire a sherpa guide if I ever landed and that's for sure

Mitch's 20' Cruise craft with the big 4 stroke Honda is one heck of a boat and is an excellent example of what a top fishing platform should be, with all the right gear, outriggers and all.

She rides along beautifully and would handle a trip to Brown's Mountain as good as it gets for a trailer boat of this size. She's a nice boat this one :1yikes: and it was a real pleasure to be invited along.

I felt so crook on the trip and my teeth kept chattering all the previous night, having been well and truly poisoned by the fresh air at Albury over the previous days before, in those sickly clean mountainous enviroments where you can easily fall victim to the air in between the puffs and most unlike jewies, you can become worse from good barometric pressure flucuations.

My rolly owns still taste like burnt feathers and me being just the computer wizard I am, I rushed a two hour self diagnosis on Google, when I got home, and that has now convinced me I have the bottom half of me riddled with Ross River fever, the top half a bad case of diptheria, and a massive exodus of pure mountain air when I reached the Hawkesbury has left me with no feeling in the torso at all

It was good to be the man doing the bait presentations. I tried just about every trick and even coupled squid up in the mating position to see if I could get jewies enraged enough to bust up a few smiling squid.

Mitch is a very cluey hi tech fisherman and certainly a very capable deckman for a solicitor. Mitch had an urgent call to court in Sydney the night before and to his credit went well out of his way to get the big battleship in the water and still was in the water to greet us with a huge smile on his face in the early morning hours at Brooklyn wharf.

Mitch then took off for quite a few hours leaving the Cruise Craft in Stewy's capable hands until his return after lunch.

That was a very nice thing to do Mitch and Stewy handled that big boat real nice and had it riding pretty smooth like the great boat it is through the chop.

Stewy and Mitch worked their lures around the boat like clockwork and Stew soon pulled a nice flathead out of jewie waters at Gunyah while jewgaffer launched three jewie rods and thrashed away at baitfish like a man with no arms and caught baitfish in the form of miniature rays, bream small and medium, and a very handsome New Zealand bred striped catchfish pushed up by the southerly sea currents from the antarctic.

Stewy said it was a nice catfish, a real nice one, but I reckon it was arse kicked almost every inch of the way.

It was great to see us all spreading half a dozen rods out in those currents and boat swings with Stewy and Mitch skillfully running there lures under all that without us being troubled by any tangled lines

Mitch was busy spraying some high tech lures with female hormones and I was a bit worried that jewfish might have other ideas with those plastics rather than mounting trebble hooks.

The weather was much windier than forecast - water temperature was 11 degrees and up to putty - we still have this persistent cold push of sea water and cold currents coming up from the south.

It was surprising there were no tailor down deep but this southerly wave direction and current push up of cold water has made this a very poor winter and this persistent antarctic southerly influence from the antarctic seems to have resulted in long hibernation periods and evacuations for many of our river species with the exception of the usual freaky survivors.

As a real matter of interest on that subject Mike (Inhlanzi) phoned me this morning to tell me that very big yakkas were in abundance when he took his young boy for a cast on Sunday. Looks to me these yakkas are out of cover and running around without many predators to worry about apart from mike and little inhlanzi and Mike's yakka disposal system, the boston whalers live bait tanks :biggrin2:

So for jewie enthusiists, ( cripes how do you spell that at this time of year) the late winter jewfish, the big ones always come in and smash those big yakkas in late winter, feast up and come back to finish them off in the next lot of warmer currents.

On that note some friends of mine fished the day before us on Tuesday which I thought would be back to the normal feed bowl habits for river fish, after the southerly winds moved away, but that sadly was not to be.

They told me it was one of the worst results they had everb experienced for jewie signs or the variety of fish which feed with them.

They did not catch any form of legal size table fish and that was during a 20 hour two boat episode, and a pretty efficient one at that, I tell ya.

So I guess we better eat squid and blackfish for a little while yet

Thanks Mitch and Stewy and tell Ross to please send me a couple of blackfish and they'll do coz I'm starving

AND sorry fellow raiders but I just can't write anything unless I say it all and it always seems to be a marathon.

Cheers,

Looks like all bases were covered. Was That a Typo or was the water temp only 11deg? Thats dam cold. too cold for even cat fish. yuck. when things pick up and after i finally move home i am free for a good jew session. (thats in a week or 2) I cant wait and if the jews dont want to co operate i will test out the downrigger. Now all i got to hope is that my smoked reel is back from warranty

Any photos mate. :thumbup:

Pleasure was all mine guys. Thanks for the company and good memories.

Mitch we'll do the disappearing jewie trick again mate that's for sure .

But this time we'll bargain with auctioned off migrating New zealand bred striped catfish :thumbup: for better jewy advice. :074:

Kind regards Mitch and say hi to your dad.

"Mitch then took off for quite a few hours leaving the Cruise Craft in Stewy's capable hands until his return after lunch"

You sure you guys didn't spend your time hooning around in Mitch's boat in his absence, hence no fish?

I would of.

:1prop:

cheers

b

"Mitch then took off for quite a few hours leaving the Cruise Craft in Stewy's capable hands until his return after lunch"

You sure you guys didn't spend your time hooning around in Mitch's boat in his absence, hence no fish?

I would of.

:1prop:

cheers

b

:074::074: That was pretty funny bastik as I was hanging on for my life during the idling, fainted twice during the plough and vaguely remember seeing the buildings at Manly when Stewy finally eased her off the plane and I was sure I was going to be cremated seconds before Stewy worked out that the Cruise Craft reverse is only a one speed but rather than being a quick fix that was when my coma started :1yikes: :1yikes:

regards

jewgaffer :thumbup:

Edited by jewgaffer

bad luck guys on the jew front.

we have picked up a few in the river of late. so they are definately round. the hawkesbury is a tuff place to fish different tides different spots, winds, moon, cloud cover, barometer, water quality, baits, baits presentation, line, trace size even a slack water chain rattle everything matters

chin up and if you guys just keep at it im sure your luck will turn around.