Damnnnnnnnnnnn

Piss'n'Broke

This morning at exactly 6.03AM Greg hauled a nice jew alongside the boat, realised it wouldnt fit in the net :mad3:,,,,,, and mad a frantic grab for the gaff,,,,keep in mind this net has landed us 90cm+ kingys....

Got the gaff :yahoo: , and slammed it home!!!! BAD MOVE.

The gaff barely made a dent in the hid of this jew,, all it did was PO the jew off, and bring about the result!!! Spat hook at the side of the boat.... To add further insult to injury it went belly up for about 30sec-1min, (guess the gaff shot knocked it out) before it righted itself and took off, all whilst justtttttttttt outta reach! :1badmood:

It was then Greg checked the gaff,,,,, badily neglected, rust, blunt and hasnt been used in over 3mnths or about 500hrs on the water for us

Lesson learnt here for Greg!!! :074:

This all occured upriver west off the Harbour Bridge on squid for all those that would like to know :biggrin2:

DAN

D&G

damn hey guys,

i was just reading yesterday a fishing checklist and one was make sure the gaff is sharp or have a sharperning stone onboard in reach or risk.....

....what you just described.

better luck next time.

Its just as well we have beeeerrrrr :beersmile: or Greg would still be :mad3::1badmood: . Now he can actually crack a 1/2 grin,,,, Over the past 3-4mths Greg has bagged 3-5school jews (80-97cm). This was significantly bigger, and Greg estimates it about the 1.2M metre.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

A lesson learnt is a mistake never repeated!!! Pity Greg doesnt do it vice versa :biggrin2:

DAN

D&G

Don't you hate that..............knock em out..........wind em.........

then they tease you........oh yes....... he's smart that is how he got to be

that size............it wasn't the gaff he had body armour.......

never mind that's part of the game........

Cheer's Warnie...........

when i gaff a jew i let the gaff "bite" before driving it home. Even with a sharp gaff you can sometimes miss

how deep a water do you fish for jews? I like 12mtrs but never got anything better than 10kgs. im thinking of trying deeper

Edited by CaineS

Its just as well we have beeeerrrrr :beersmile: or Greg would still be :mad3::1badmood: . Now he can actually crack a 1/2 grin,,,, Over the past 3-4mths Greg has bagged 3-5school jews (80-97cm). This was significantly bigger, and Greg estimates it about the 1.2M metre.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

A lesson learnt is a mistake never repeated!!! Pity Greg doesnt do it vice versa :biggrin2:

DAN

D&G

Sounds like a pretty decent fish... pity he got away but at least you got him to the boat and had a good look at him.

Geez im checking my gaff as soon as i get home!!

I was fishing for squid down the spit Wednesday night and a couple blokes were sitting in there boat Seaforth side of the bridge. After a couple hours of nothing for them all i heard was a massive wack i turned back and this bloke was spewin a massive Jew either snapped his rod or got it pulled from the holder into the water. I couldnt see as i my boat had drifted away. There were a few massive head shakes and then hands on head before he lit a smoke and a couple drags started the engine and drove away in disgust i would imagine.

Might have to give Jews a shot.

Cheers

Dan

Ouch,

That's a painful lesson. Is it any consolation to think of the fish being a west of the harbour bridge resident and therefore being supposedly full of dioxins?

Cheers

Hmmmmmmmmmm yess,,,,, and nooo mate,,,,, does make Greg feel abit better though, particularly after all the S@#$! Ive given him in the last 24hrs :biggrin2:

DAN

D&G